• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Advice needed....

It's the key to refresh a web page.
Zing is implying that Jammie is sitting in front of his computer, comstantly checking the shipping status/location of his sub.

Towen7 said:
Zing is implying that Jammie is sitting in front of his computer, comstantly checking the shipping status/location of his sub.

Command-R if you are using a Macintosh.

I'm with Jeff on this one. I'd keep both subs and place them on opposite ends of the room. Sure one may be more overpowering than the other but you can still use both subs to overcome null voids or do what I do use the SVS as a fantastic mid bass sub and the new sub to handle the really deep bass. By using the SVS as a mid bass you relieve the new sub from using power to handle the upper and lower bass frequencies so the SVS handles 40Hz to 100Hz and your new sub will have not have to work as hard as it's just handling the below 40Hz bass. I use four mid bass subs in my main HT and my SVS to handle everything from 40Hz to 18Hz and the combo works great. The mid bass subs fill the room with bass I can hear while the SVS gives me just the bass I can feel.

Lone Stranger said:
Towen7 said:

Command-R if you are using a Macintosh.

Why don't you just click on the little refresh thingy??? :teasing-tease:

Well, the sub arrived on Friday and I just got around to removing it from the box and noticed the power toggle switch is broken. Unit won't turn on. I've emailed Tom and he replied they may have to send an amp to me tomorrow. Quick reply and great service, as expected. Just have to wait until next weekend to replace the amp and turn it on. So, no photos yet.

jamhead said:
I just got around to removing it from the box and noticed the power toggle switch is broken. Unit won't turn on.
Oh that's heartbreaking. Sorry dude.

I'm so sorry Jam !
We are all waiting with you my friend.
Take some pics of the amp when its out of the sub & some pics of the huge opening of the sub showing the "insides".

Thanks guys. Overall, not a big deal as I know Tom and Jim will handle it. Both responded to me yesterday and let me know they are sending a new amp my way. They are awesome to deal with and a main reason I looked nowhere else (besides their awesome product).

This sub is a beast though, and makes my tube look small. I had to laugh when I saw it....you'd think I'd be used to this by now. I had my neighbor and wife help me get it to the second floor (still in box). When I took it out of the box, it wasn't much smaller than the packaging.

Can't wait to fire it up and see what it can do (see if it can still surprise me).

Barney said:
I'm so sorry Jam !
We are all waiting with you my friend.
Take some pics of the amp when its out of the sub & some pics of the huge opening of the sub showing the "insides".

Will do Barn.

Okay what happened? Did Tom and Jim send you a replacement? Was it outstanding? Where are the pictures? It has been 2 months and zilch....

Oops, never mind I found the new thread.

:text-imsorry:

Back