• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Alpha House

• Thread starter Deleted member 133
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 133

Just finished binge-watching all of Season 2 of this phenomenal comedy.

This is the reason Doonesbury has been in re-runs for months: Gary Trudeau's been busy writing and producing it.

It's got big name stars (John Goodman in a lead role) and a ton of cameo appearances.

It's topical, insightful, and pulls no punches. And it's easily one of the funniest shows I've watched in years.

Basically it's the trials and tribulations of four Republican senators who all live together in D.C. and all of the political machinations that go on, on and away from the Hill. It's incredibly insightful and cutting, but it also does a great job of humanizing the central characters.

All you Amazon Prime members can supposedly access it for free (it's an Amazon show).

Jeff

JeffMackwood said:
All you Amazon Prime members can supposedly access it for free (it's an Amazon show).

Jeff

Tan que! What "category" is it under?

I have watched some episodes have not really gotten into it. What it does have going for it is John Goodman who stands out in anything he does.

Botch said:
JeffMackwood said:

Jeff

Tan que! What "category" is it under?
Botch,

Don't know. I got it via other means.

(And by the by, you should of course start with Season 1 if you've not seen it.)

Jeff

ps. And yes Srvy, Goodman is outstanding in this series. Don't want to spoil anything, but the scene with the shotgun and the drones had my ribs hurting!

Jeff,
You didn't say what medium YOU are watching it on. Netflix, Shomi, DVD? What's the Canadian option?
Mike

mcad64 said:
Jeff,
You didn't say what medium YOU are watching it on. Netflix, Shomi, DVD? What's the Canadian option?
Mike
eztv/torrents - not sure about any others. Could not find it on Netflix.

Torrents were 720p and 5.1 - excellent quality. Episodes are short, so each file is <1 GB. Ten (10) shows per season.

Back