1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Folks, I'm playing with the behavior of the titles and banners; you may want to read the relevant thread in the Forum Suggestions area.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

Alternative to iTunes for downloading music

Discussion in 'Music' started by Nufan, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Nufan

Nufan Active Member

Where does everyone download music from?
    For certin songs i usally use itunes, but somethings I can't find there.
    Anyone know of other sites that youcan just download songs or full albums, preferably without having to download extra softwear or player.

Thanks!

2. Zing

Zing Retired Admin Famous

I don't download music anymore but I know that Amazon offers music that way.

:text-link:

3. CMonster

CMonster Well-Known Member

I always use Amazon as I prefer mp3's for compatibilty. They do have a little "downloader" app that they encourage you to install but it isn't necessary.

4. Towen7

Towen7 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

I subscribe to Rhapsody's unlimited download service. If I find something I'd prefer to own I usually just buy the whole CD (usually from Amazon) and rip it.

5. -B-

-B- Well-Known Member

I signed up for the Zune pass. Unlimited dl's for as long as you subscribe, 10 song credits a month for songs you keep. It works with up to 3 Zunes and 3 PC's $14.99 a month, and like Towen if I like something enough I purchase it.

6. Dennie

Dennie Well-Known Member

7. Yesfan70

Yesfan70 I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv Famous

Used CDs from Amazon, unless I just don't like the album a particular song is on. It's cheaper, you get the liner notes and (more importantly) the sound quality is going to be better.

For those "one hit" song albums, I usually just download from Amazon. Like Cmonster mentioned, you don't have to use the downloader app they recommend, but it helps if you are intent on downloading an entire album.