• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Amazon CD's

heeman

PRETTY HAPPY.........
Famous
I have been home the past couple of days from work with a very nasty Upper Respiratory Infection, unbearable throat pain, but all is under control now due to antibiotics and some pain meds.

While home bored and after wearing out the bulb on my projector, I was searching Amazon for some, maybe Deals on CD's. I still like the hard copy.

Anyway they have a "The Bargain Bin" section and some good stuff for $3.99 & $4.99. Hey what the hell!

Well after scanning through only 76 of the 380 or so pages, I have about 25 in the cart and about $125, I just had to stop!

I picked up some: Radiohead, Joni Mitchel, Supertramp, Rush, Ryan Adams and Soundgarden to name a few.

If you are not aware of this Bargin Bin, now you are! Check it out!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

1. Heeman, you are evil! :)

2. Heads up Bats! You could be seeing some additional pre-GTG shipments in my name.

Jeff

Thanks Tom.......................

Jeff - I though you were going to tell me I could get them Free at the Local Library...... :handgestures-thumbup:

heeman said:
Thanks Tom.......................

Jeff - I though you were going to tell me I could get them Free at the Local Library...... :handgestures-thumbup:
I will of course first check the library's collection before placing any orders. :)

JeffMackwood said:

Jeff

Agreed! :angry-cussingblack: :banana-dance: :angry-tappingfoot: :banana-rock: :angry-banghead: :music-rockout:

Botch said:
JeffMackwood said:

Jeff

Agreed! :angry-cussingblack: :banana-dance: :angry-tappingfoot: :banana-rock: :angry-banghead: :music-rockout:

No argument here either.

I've found a lot of deals with the 3rd party sellers on Amazon as well. I've bought a lot of my jazz CDs from a guy named Zoverstock.

18 of the 25 that were ordered yesterday are already here today.............. WOW! Thanks Prime!

The most frustrating thing is removing the adhesive security strip across the top..............Most have it, just 2 didn't!

heeman said:
The most frustrating thing is removing the adhesive security strip across the top..............Most have it, just 2 didn't!
Do you just try to peel it off from the closed and sealed jewel case? If so, here's what I do.

Unhinge the front cover portion of the case so it's only attached to the rear portion by that seal. Twist and pull the front portion off of the seal and that will leave you half the seal on the rear portion of the case that is easily peeled off in one piece (no tears).

Or just get one of those CD openers..

Elegance07_medium.jpg

It always amazed me that with all the streaming, copying, bit-torrenting, swapping, EweTubing, etc that goes on with music, the 4% of us who still pay for commercial CDs and pay their artists still have to struggle with these damn adhesive tabs. Damn.

Thank you, heeman, for the info

I've known about their bargain bin for a long time, but have never taken more than a few minimal minutes to do any browsing.
I'll be spending more time looking through what they have to offer.

Zing said:
heeman said:
Unhinge the front cover portion of the case so it's only attached to the rear portion by that seal. Twist and pull the front portion off of the seal and that will leave you half the seal on the rear portion of the case that is easily peeled off in one piece (no tears).

+1
It's the easiest and safest way to remove the label. No glue is left on the jewel case.

I just score the seal with a pair of scissors with no real regard for whether the two halves of the seal are still on the case or not...

Batman said:
I just score the seal with a pair of scissors with no real regard for whether the two halves of the seal are still on the case or not...

:scared-yipes:

Zing said:
heeman said:
Do you just try to peel it off from the closed and sealed jewel case? If so, here's what I do.

That's the best way to do it.

I use the openers that Pauly posted on the outer cellophane. I run it on the bottom of the J-case. After removing the outer cellophane, I use Zing's method for the security sticker. Best way, imo.

Back