• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Amazon Prime members get added benefit: Streaming Movies

Kazaam

I remember reading about this potentially happening a while back, but today I logged onto Amazon and saw this message. The links in this graphic don't work, but the real one that works is probably still up over at Amazon.

EDIT: Looks like it's mostly older movies that are free, so probably kind of like Netflix's offerings, I suppose.

jeff-letter-prime-videos-revised._V170740515_.jpg

Re: Amazon Prime members get added benefit: Streaming Movie

That's still better than nothing. May have to see if I can use the PS3 for that.

That just plain rocks!

I hope it works on the Roku boxes I have at home.

Towen7 said:
That just plain rocks!

Let us know if it does; I'm getting "itchy"...

Towen7 said:
That just plain rocks!

Just tried it out with my Roku XDS and it works well.

Be sure you have your Roku registered with Amazon. When you go to something you would like to watch and is "free" it will tell you when you go to that movie/TV show and already knows if you are a prime member.

In a quick glance alot of the same stuff is available thru NF but there are some good ones that are not.

For one I was disappointed "Farscape" is not availabel on NF but you can get it for free with AP.

Spent a while this afternoon scanning the free Amazon Prime offerings.

A big majority of what's being offered is also available via NF.

TV shows are mostly British shows - not that there is anything wrong with that - some good stuff but again alot of it is also on NF and NF has far more TV shows available.

Well it's a nice alternative and I always felt the Prime was worth it for just the free 2 day shipping as most things I buy now are from Amazon.

mzpro5 said:
Well it's a nice alternative and I always felt the Prime was worth it for just the free 2 day shipping as most things I buy now are from Amazon.
When I think about how much I order from Amazon, the $79 doesn't look so bad; but now with this new service (I don't have Netflix) it's starting to become a no-brainer... :shhh:

Question for you "Prime" members: does free shipping apply to all purchases, or just those from Amazon proper? In other words, if I buy a used CD, via Amazon, from CDUniverse or someone like that, do I still get free shipping?

A few resellers honor prime, but most of the used CDs I've ordered don't use prime, unfortunately. Very often the album is less expensive than the shipping... :|

Usually if it isn't sold directly thru Amazon Prime does not apply.

HELP Mr. Wizards :bow-blue:

I'm really haven't considered streaming until now being an Amazon Prime customer. I have broadband internet, OPPO 83, laptop and 802.11G. What are my options. Networking stuff is easy for me, but I'm not sure what I need to finish the job. And any opinions on the quality of the feed.

zod said:

I'm really haven't considered streaming until now being an Amazon Prime customer. I have broadband internet, OPPO 83, laptop and 802.11G. What are my options. Networking stuff is easy for me, but I'm not sure what I need to finish the job. And any opinions on the quality of the feed.
The $99 Roku XDS is supported, and I'm looking to go that route.

PaulyT said:
A few resellers honor prime, but most of the used CDs I've ordered don't use prime, unfortunately. Very often the album is less expensive than the shipping... :|

As the others have already stated, not everything is eligible for free shipping for Prime members. However you can filter search results to include only Prime eligible items.

Botch said:
zod said:

The $99 Roku XDS is supported, and I'm looking to go that route.

That's what I have. HDMI and optical outputs.

Don't think you would be disappointed.

Towen7 said:
However you can filter search results to include only Prime eligible items.
Thanks!

Just note that if you're looking for used CD's, it won't necessarily save you money; more often in my experience, a reseller is still cheaper even with shipping. But it's just with that specific class of purchases... wife and I use prime for lots of other stuff. The shipping turnaround is often phenomenal - we'll order something one evening, and it'll be at our door the middle of the next day, <24hrs.

I've had stuff ship out on the same day. As a general rule, unless you're ordering late in the afternoon or a Sunday is involved... two day shipping really is two day shipping.

PaulyT said:
Just note that if you're looking for used CD's, it won't necessarily save you money; more often in my experience, a reseller is still cheaper even with shipping. But it's just with that specific class of purchases... wife and I use prime for lots of other stuff. The shipping turnaround is often phenomenal - we'll order something one evening, and it'll be at our door the middle of the next day, <24hrs.

Same here. The catch, with used CDs, is the $2.98 to ship. If I'm not going to save more than two bucks on a used disc compared to the new price from Amazon (or if it's a disc I want pretty bad), then I'll just go with Amazon and get the 2 day shipping since I'm a prime customer.

However, I do love those deals on used music. I've found several CDs for less than a dollar before (one for $0.01!), so the used route was a no brainer.

Amazon needs to update their interface for the streaming videos. They have a bunch of stuff I want to watch,
but searching for it is a PAIN.

The DirtMerchant said:
Amazon needs to update their interface for the streaming videos. They have a bunch of stuff I want to watch,
but searching for it is a PAIN.

Totally agree. You can't even look for stuff on your computer and put it in a "que" like on NF.

I actually sent an email yesterday with a suggestion that they need to do something with the user interface. They just started so I think we will see an improvement in a while.

I noticed there were some changes from Tuesday to yesterday so we'll see.

Back