• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Amazon signs deal with CBS

i just wish the playstation would accomodate amazons services tho. i highly doubt it anytime soon, but if they could accomodate hulu plus, zulu and heck netflix, why not the amazon giant right?

jomari said:
i just wish the playstation would accomodate amazons services tho. i highly doubt it anytime soon, but if they could accomodate hulu plus, zulu and heck netflix, why not the amazon giant right?

I'm surprised it doesn't. I have a Sony Blu-Ray player with support for Amazon, I don't know why the PS3 doesn't (haven't tried it on PS3).

Maybe it's time to put the PS3 out to pasture (never use it for games) and just get a regular Blu-Ray player for the theater room.

Netflix is already offering all those mentioned in the article except maybe Frasier. Most have been available for months, the Star Trek franchise was added a couple weeks ago.

Oh yeah, I got Amazon Prime.
Guess I should play around with it and see what it has... :? :oops:

i think for me its a matter of finding the proper device that can accomodate Amazons streaming software.

sadly, i dont have it on my insignia blu-ray player, nor my ps3, heck my WD Live plus doesnt have it either.

If they start building it to accomodate other devices, have more devices authorized to do so, id consider my membership to netflix (or at least pretend i can)...

by the way, i actually bookmarked this new one called, Zediva.com... who actually have a physical dvd player, and dvd, and stream it for you. worth looking into, but as always, hesitant for now.

Botch said:
Oh yeah, I got Amazon Prime.
Guess I should play around with it and see what it has... :? :oops:

Almost everything available on Amazon Prime streaming is on NF. Their TV offerings at this time are 99% BBC programs.

If you get NF but not AP you really are not missing anything.

Thanks, mzpro5. I don't have NF, and bought Prime primarily (d'Oh!) for free shipping...

That's the deal right? It's getting harder to justify paying $8 to Netflix if you're a Prime member. I dont think anyone is saying Amazon's service is better, just that it's getting closer to NF and is essentially free.

Towen7 said:
That's the deal right? It's getting harder to justify paying $8 to Netflix if you're a Prime member. I dont think anyone is saying Amazon's service is better, just that it's getting closer to NF and is essentially free.

That's how I see it. I'm already paying for Prime, so why not use it? It's "free".

Towen7 said:

Nope. NF has everything Amazon has but Amazon does not have anywhere near the selection NF has.

No contest NF is way better - ten times the content at least.

I hear ya, I'm a NF subscriber and a big fan.

Just saying that the perfect isn't the enemy of the good. Amazon is okay and getting better and while NF is still king and 10x better than Amazon... It ain't free.

I'm not sure how much of Amazon's free Prime streaming is HD, whereas Netflix streaming can be startlingly good quality if you have a big enough pipe (and my pipe is HUGE).

Just tossed this out there as an FYI for those without Netflix but with Amazon.

As for devices that support both, there's plenty that do; I just picked up a Panasonic player tonight to replace my PS3 (doesn't support Amazon), and it handles pretty much everything.

Back