• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Amazon's Jack Ryan series starts Friday!

I watched the first episode. Ok except for the casting of Jack Ryan. Guy is a wet blanket

While we are talking about Netflix shows, has any body checked out Ozark? Looking for a new series as well, and just about to finish the new season of Orange is the new black, and Ozark looks interesting. For those with a little darker sense of humor, Santa Clarita Diet is pretty good as well.

I liked Ozark a lot. Very dark, but enough twists to be interesting.

have to have the wife to enroll in amazon prime. since im not the primary account holder, my sister in law is. she doesnt feel comfortable logging on a box for us to see the series, which i understand.

im excited, but kinda pissed i cant watch it like i want to. good thing i can later when wife uses her 3 month membership.

Barely made it through episode 1 - I paused and left the room irritated during one scene and almost turned it off. Gritted my teeth and rolled eyes during episode 2. Enjoyed episodes 3-7. Very disappointed with episode 8. Never did warm up to John Krasinski as the lead but I’m not that familiar with the Jack Ryan character...

Finally started watching the new Jack Ryan series today, and I really like it. If definitely isn't the best written show out there, but the content and characters are right up my alley and I generally like the story arc.

Wife and I finished the season last night. Rose was the push to binge watch it. She really liked it. I liked it too, but not as much as her.

What occurred during this scene to warrant such a thing?
JR could’ve sacrificed himself and taken out the leader and his brother with the grenade. I might be overly-sensitive after Infinity War...

Come on spoilers. Everyone should know if it takes me a few days to watch one movie, it will take months for a season. :p

JR could’ve sacrificed himself and taken out the leader and his brother with the grenade. I might be overly-sensitive after Infinity War...
I was also surprised that they let Jack live after he had seen his face and new he was.

Wife and I started watching yesterday. Overall we are enjoying, but like others have said, there is a few holes with the plot. Looking forward to finishing it, and I can't remember his name, but I think JR's boss does a pretty good job. Last thing I remember seeing him in was the reboot of the Odd Couple, so this is quite the departure from that.

Wife and I finished the series last night. Overall we enjoyed it, but the last episode had us scratching our heads in the believeablity department. If your bomb has cell phone trigger and they are jamming cell phone signals, I don't think getting farther away is going to solve your problem.

Wife and I finished the series last night. Overall we enjoyed it, but the last episode had us scratching our heads in the believeablity department. If your bomb has cell phone trigger and they are jamming cell phone signals, I don't think getting farther away is going to solve your problem.
You missed the bit where they wired the cellphone on the bomb into the hospital's phone network so all you had to do was call an extension at the hospital from anywhere. So, getting farther away so the cellphone in your hand can start working would, indeed, allow him to set off the bomb. Of course, he could also pick up a phone anywhere in the hospital and call that extension and set off the bomb.

You missed the bit where they wired the cellphone on the bomb into the hospital's phone network so all you had to do was call an extension at the hospital from anywhere. So, getting farther away so the cellphone in your hand can start working would, indeed, allow him to set off the bomb. Of course, he could also pick up a phone anywhere in the hospital and call that extension and set off the bomb.
I guess I did miss that. That would make sense.

Back