• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

An accousitcal challenge.... SOLVED!

Razz

For those who haven't seen this...

My room left me with a bit of a challenge due to the arm rest on my new couch blocking the mid and tweeter from my speaker. My speakers have an inverted array leaving the tweeter on the bottom and mid-range on top of it. This was blocked from one of the spots I like to sit at.....

Here is the couch... Now looking at the pic, I sit on the left side and sometimes in the left corner.... My speaker is just to the right of the right side of the couch....

IMG_1197.jpg

This is the arm rest on the right side of the couch blocking some direct sound from the speaker... You can see the speaker and how it's blocked behind the armrest.

IMG_1202.jpg

My solution was to hire a furniture reupholster to cut away par of the armrest....

IMG_1233.jpg

Sound extreme????? It really wasn't and has been one of my favorite "acoustical" changes in my room... I love it!!!!!!
Now my view and sound is "un-obstructed" .....

IMG_1782.jpg

Total cost... $250 and worth every penny!!!!!
And no one has every thought that the couch "came that way"

Look's like Razz has some pretty nice feet, no wonder he is such a "Ladies Man" :eusa-whistle:

Good job on thinking outside the box, glad it worked out for you.

....and I was going to suggest just flipping the speaker over! :doh: But your idea is much better!

Nice Job Razz! :handgestures-thumbup:

Dennie

Razz, you know what I would have done? I would have...

well, you may not like what I was going to suggest, plus it's no use after the fact. :doh:

Back