• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

An article on speakers, boundries and the affects

A good read, thanks for the info. My speakers are about 3-4 feet from a corner boundry, if I had the room they would be even farther out and not pointed at the corners. However we all have to make do with what we have, the good is side wall reflections are not a problem due to the null from the dipole nature of my speakers.

Speaking of dipole/planers none were tested for the article :snooty:

Also if I had the room I would love to buy a used pair of Klipsch Cornwalls, to compare against my Magnepan 3.6's.

True on the dipole because they mostly talk about larger rooms and its geared toward line array most of the time. They typically want to avoid the rear fired negative wave onstage. I have also seen discussion of setting up a cardiod Sub system with two or three subs. When working the ANS Gymn project we have space under the stage floor for a potential infinite baffle. 20 x 30 X 4.

TitaniumTroy said:
A good read, thanks for the info. My speakers are about 3-4 feet from a corner boundry, if I had the room they would be even farther out and not pointed at the corners. However we all have to make do with what we have, the good is side wall reflections are not a problem due to the null from the dipole nature of my speakers.

Speaking of dipole/planers none were tested for the article :snooty:

Also if I had the room I would love to buy a used pair of Klipsch Cornwalls, to compare against my Magnepan 3.6's.

If you are going horn, go 100% horn and get La Scalas or K-Horns.

Back