• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Another Wall Mount Question

Maximo said:
where do you live? I'll come help you do it. I have had to look at that fucking thing for years and am ready for you tp have a proper wall. Let's do this!

Thanx Max, I live in IL just across the river from St. Louis, come on brother, I will buy the beer cuz I am tired of lookin at that fuckin stupid fireplace too. :banana-rock:

Flint said:
You need to hire several young servants, preferrably foreign laborers willing to put up with you for a dollar a day + some food. Then you build a pully system to raise and lower the TV panel on demand. The slaves... er... servants could do the lifting and lowering.

Well Flint, if I were in your tax bracket then perhaps that would be the best plan. But, seeing as how I am but a lowly public servant too, I simply cant afford servants, maids, gardeners, or any type of staff. :laughing-rolling:

yromj said:
How about having someone install a "built-in" style cabinet in the fireplace and have the TV in/sligthly-in-front-of the fireplace? When you move, remove the cabinet (or leave it there for the new owner to remove).

Or (this just came to me and I think it would be cool as sh!t), install a lift just as you would for a TV in a cabinet to raise out of. When the lift is up, the TV is located above the fireplace for non-viewing. When the lift is down (when it's normally concealed) yours would be in front of the fireplace. Of course you would need a big slot in the mantle, but hey, that's doable.

John

My mantle is only 4 or maybe 6 inches deep so I dont think that would work, but I like the way you think. I really kind of dig the fireplace wall TV mount thingy that I provided the link to, but it is just too damned expensive for my tight ass. Well, at least for right now anyway. I have had some unforseen financial anomolies, but I should be good to go by the first of the year.

Have a PJ install GTG party. I'm sure a few people here will do the work for you.....you lazy bastard. Then, all you need to do is feed them.

yromj said:
How about having someone install a "built-in" style cabinet in the fireplace and have the TV in/sligthly-in-front-of the fireplace? When you move, remove the cabinet (or leave it there for the new owner to remove).

Or (this just came to me and I think it would be cool as sh!t), install a lift just as you would for a TV in a cabinet to raise out of. When the lift is up, the TV is located above the fireplace for non-viewing. When the lift is down (when it's normally concealed) yours would be in front of the fireplace. Of course you would need a big slot in the mantle, but hey, that's doable.

John

TV in, on or in front of FP? That's a no-no., I'm fixing mine today. :D

Back