• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Any Blue Oyster Cult fans?

Yesfan70

I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv
Famous
The cowbell skit doesn't count. ;)

Seriously, any fans? I picked up the Complete Columbia Recordings Collection a few days ago on Amazon. For $100, you get a shitload of music. All 14 albums remastered, plus a DVD of one of their live shows. There's also a disc of rarities and demos as well as a disc of some of their radio broadcast shows. That's a total of 17 discs, if you count the DVD.

But, wait there's more!

There's also a code included to download four more complete broadcast concerts. WTF? If it were any better, it would be free.

51dQFFnUpOL.jpg

Yes Sir Yesfan!

They used to play the Rock Clubs on Long Island, NY back in the early 80's under the name "Soft White Underbelly". We would go see them often.....

Love their music........ENJOY!!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

They were one of the best of the local bands and still put on a good show. I have several of their albums but still consider Secret Treaties the best.

heeman said:
Yes Sir Yesfan!

They used to play the Rock Clubs on Long Island, NY back in the early 80's under the name "Soft White Underbelly". We would go see them often.....

Love their music........ENJOY!!

I was reading about that on Wikipedia. That was also their first name before settling on BOC (67-71). I haven't gone through all the tracks yet, but am hoping the SWUB material has also been included. If not, I won't bitch.

I don't know much about the band as all I had was the "Super Hits" best of. Besides 'Don't Fear the Reaper' and 'Burnin' For You', there's quite a few songs I like that aren't as well known. 'OD'd on Life Itself' is probably my favorite of those songs.

There used to be a friend of mine I worked with back in the 90s who was as much of a music lover as me. BOC was some of the stuff we talked about as he was a big fan. I remember him telling me how 'Burnin' For You' was a song about a band that sold their souls to the devil to achieve fame and fortune. The song was indirectly about them. I believed that for a long time until I sat down one day and actually listened to it. Now I know the tune is really about them, or a band in general, and how much of their life and time they put into their careers.

Ah, the memories...........

Oh no, there goes Tokyo! Go go Godzilla! :happy-smileygiantred:

Casual fan, and I have their greatest hits CD, and I absolutely have to turn it up to 11 when playing Godzilla.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln8-Y-fIbqM[/youtube]

Some Enchanted Evening is a Great, Great Live Album!!

Track Listings
1. R.U. Ready 2 Rock
2. E.T.I. (Extra Terrestrial Intelligence)
3. Astronomy
4. Kick Out The Jams
5. Godzilla
6. (Don't Fear) The Reaper
7. We Gotta Get Out Of This Place
8. Me 262
9. Harvester Of Eyes
10. Hot Rails To Hell
11. (This Ain't The) Summer Of Love
12. 5 Guitars
13. Born To Be Wild
14. We Gotta Get Out Of This Place

51OpjoKaNXL._SX300__PJautoripBadge,BottomRight,4,-40_OU11__.jpg

That's the one with the included DVD.

I've been playing the shit out of the first album (listening to it now). I really like it a lot. I figure I'll go through the timeline. When I get familiar with one album, I'll move on to the next til I finish the set.

Yesfan70 said:
That's the one with the included DVD.

I've been playing the shit out of the first album (listening to it now). I really like it a lot. I figure I'll go through the timeline. When I get familiar with one album, I'll move on to the next til I finish the set.

You are giving me the itch.....................................to make a purchase!

My album collection was ruined by a flood back in 1999 and what I have on cassette, well that is a mute point!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I know $100 ain't chump change, but this is one set that's worth it IMO. I know I've stayed with the first album mostly, but I did scan through the downloadable stuff and I'm familiar with the tracks from the Greatest Hits disc I've had for a couple of years.

Each album, guessing, has extra demo material on it. The first album I know has 4 extra demo tracks (which I really like). The downloadable content was 52 tracks from 4 radio shows (King Biscuit, KSAN, ABC, and RKO).

Just buy it.....you know you want to. ;)

Yes! I saw them in 1981 on the Fire of Unknown Origin Tour and back in 1978 in the Superdome in New Orleans for the Day of Rock and Roll. I plan on purchasing this set at some point. I have the first album, Some Enchanted Evening, Fire of Unknown Origin and Extraterrestrial Live all on vinyl. Although there is some debate about whether it is a true BOC album, I do love "Imaginos."

I was a fan of their early stuff.

"She's as beautifull as a foot" is an intruiging song title.

Back