• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

anyone catch the cma?

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
watching it right now, seeing the band perry win two in a row... hmm...

anyways, ive also realized how some of these performances sound... er... 'off'?

blake shelton did well, so did brad paisley.
carrie underwoods got pipes of course.
miranda sounded as horrible as she did in the other awards last year.
zac brown tho, i was hoping when he bursted out 'georgia' it felt wrong, then it continued with greg allman. oi vey!

anyways, im going to go back to playing my games.

highlights going to be shown via youtube. :D

I'm really out of it when it comes to popular music. I watched it for the first 20 minutes and when they gave the first award I was not familiar with a single person/group nominated even though I like country music and have a lot of it in my music library.

Guess I need to start listening to broadcast radio.

The wife was watching it, but I was winterizing the boat and then got called into work. I was hoping to watch cuz I like seeing Carrie, Faith, Martina, and all the other riddiculous hotties of country music.

If I could have a threesome with Faith Hill and Carrie Underwood, I would surely be the happiest man on earth.

yes, i watched. it is the best award show as it more about the music and preformances and less about the awards. carrie and brad are great hosts and lampooned a few current events...

i loved the performances, but some of em were.... well, out of tune. nonetheless, i definitely think that carrie and brad did an outstanding job on hosting the awards.

it was confusing what i felt when they did a tribute to glen campbell, if i was happy or sad about it. i was smiling tho, when i saw him hold that guitar and started strummin like life was the same today as it was yesterday.

an officemate of mine said something about country music. its his first time to appreciate it, and found out that 'country music has meaning in their songs', kinda like the songs back when our parents were growing up.

amen to that.

Someone at work was telling me about the CMA and told me Lionel Richie was on there doing country versions of his songs. Is that true?

I couldn't help but think of our esteemed Towen7 when I was told about it this morning.

Yesfan70 said:
Someone at work was telling me about the CMA and told me Lionel Richie was on there doing country versions of his songs. Is that true?

I couldn't help but think of our esteemed Towen7 when I was told about it this morning.

yup. it was wierd, but somewhat akward to see darius rucker also trying to sing his songs. apparently, the media is pushing the ugly 'when an artist struggles, go country'.

i love lionel and think that he didnt even have to make that transition. sure darius pulled it off pretty well, and quite frankly was received so much better than other artist ive seen.

i wish him well in his attempt to break into the country scene.

Back