• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Anyone else having "update" issues with their PS3?

Yesfan70

I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv
Famous
Seems like every time I turn on the PS3 to watch a movie, stream, whatever, I have to do a system update which is painstakingly slow. I just renewed my Netflix account, so when I went to watch something via the PS3, I couldn't log into my account until I updated the PS3. :angry-banghead:

How many fucking updates does this thing need? I don't use it as much as I used to (maybe twice a month), but I'm thinking about ditching Dish Network for a while and just use Netflix and Amazon for my TV viewing.

Grab a $100 Roku or AppleTV if you want a dead simple streaming box that just works.

Towen7 said:
Grab a $100 Roku or AppleTV if you want a dead simple streaming box that just works.

If I had $100, I probably would. I don't remember having this much trouble when I first got the PS3. Everything just worked the first time around. I have the 370 downstairs? Are the Sony BD players any better than the PS3?

Yesfan70 said:
Seems like every time I turn on the PS3 to watch a movie, stream, whatever, I have to do a system update which is painstakingly slow. I just renewed my Netflix account, so when I went to watch something via the PS3, I couldn't log into my account until I updated the PS3. :angry-banghead:

How many fucking updates does this thing need? I don't use it as much as I used to (maybe twice a month), but I'm thinking about ditching Dish Network for a while and just use Netflix and Amazon for my TV viewing.

That's what I hated with mine every time I logged on I needed either a update on the system or Netflix or couldn't connect to Netflix till i did a PSN update. then after you downloaded and extremely long update the you had about half as long to install it. I dont have that problem anymore as my PS3 went tits up and I bought a Roku for Netflix and the other stuff and love it never have those problems.

I did the same but droped TWC my bill more than doubled in the course of 3 years id been a faithfull subscriber for 20 some years they wouldnt budge so i went back to ant TV and Netflix. I need a better ant in atic but that will happen one day.

Gave up on the PS3. Expect to see if for sale, if I can get my laptop to work with my TV.

which model is it if ever yesfan? id be interested if you're thinking about selling it.

i also think i have a western digital wifi thingy here at my sisters place, i might check to see if its working. quite similar to the roku if im not mistaken.

The newer "slim" box. I think mine has a 120GB drive in it. I'll have to look and see.

Back