• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Apache, IR, and ISIS

Wow! Whatever kind of bullets were they using that they exploded with such force? Who ever was running the gun was doing a pretty good job, even sparing the women.

What kind of helicopter ? How far away ? Don't they hear those helicopters ?

Barney said:

I was wondering the same thing Barney, but they seemed not to be able to pinpoint the helicopter, so I figure they must be quite a distance aways.

The DirtMerchant said:
P.S.

That was an awesome watch...and yet somehow sad.

After watching that, you just summed up exactly how I felt. I know these people mean to do us great harm, but they really didn't even have a chance. Not that I don't think we were just and right and doing so, but it is still people.

Huey said:
The DirtMerchant said:
P.S.

That was an awesome watch...and yet somehow sad.

After watching that, you just summed up exactly how I felt. I know these people mean to do us great harm, but they really didn't even have a chance. Not that I don't think we were just and right and doing so, but it is still people.

very true, felt the same way despite being on the other end too.

war never ends.

Huey said:
Barney said:

I was wondering the same thing Barney, but they seemed not to be able to pinpoint the helicopter, so I figure they must be quite a distance aways.

This looks like Apaches with 30mm and hellfire missiles. 30mm is around 2500 feet per second, so if you time the fire to impact at around a second, that would put them ~2500 feet away. Maybe operating at an elevation of 2000 feet.

2500 feet away under the cover of darkness could certainly make them harder to spot, but dang having the advantage of IR sure makes it nice on the guys hovering above.

No kidding on the hard to spot part. Black, no lights, moving fast, great big flash suppressor on the 30mm, operate in pitch dark, while shooting at you with exploding bullets.

Back