• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Apparently I need headphones...with a mic...for my child

The DirtMerchant

Famous
OK. Looks like I need to get some headphones w/ a mic for my son for school.
Plenty come up on Amazon, but...figured I would ask here...because this is an A/V forum right? Not just a politics discussion place...

Anyway...wired, as they won't be able to charge in school. Inexpensive...because I don't want to pay a lot and...
not easily breakable, I had a cheap pair of Koss long ago and within a month one of the ear cups would break off the plastic mount
and I don't want that to happen.

Any suggestions?

OK. Looks like I need to get some headphones w/ a mic for my son for school.
Plenty come up on Amazon, but...figured I would ask here...because this is an A/V forum right? Not just a politics discussion place...

Anyway...wired, as they won't be able to charge in school. Inexpensive...because I don't want to pay a lot and...
not easily breakable, I had a cheap pair of Koss long ago and within a month one of the ear cups would break off the plastic mount
and I don't want that to happen.

Any suggestions?
Hmmm...If I plug in headphones into a Chromebook, is the microphone still active?
Saw these on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRZX11...1-1-12d4272d-8adb-4121-8624-135149aa9081&th=1

$9.99 w/ no mic, $22.47 w/ a mic

Last edited:
My daughter has a pair of these and I am very impressed with how good they are for the money. They are Bluetooth with a really long battery life, but you can also use a cord. They have a microphone and work well for that (she mainly uses them for gaming. They even sound pretty good and the best part is, they cost about $30. Tribit XFree Tune

My daughter has a pair of these and I am very impressed with how good they are for the money. They are Bluetooth with a really long battery life, but you can also use a cord. They have a microphone and work well for that (she mainly uses them for gaming. They even sound pretty good and the best part is, they cost about $30. Tribit XFree Tune
Lack of familiarity with bluetooth headphones where you can also use a cord...
If I use a cord, does it still use battery?

Lack of familiarity with bluetooth headphones where you can also use a cord...
If I use a cord, does it still use battery?

No. You can use a cord whenever the battery is dead, just make sure you use the kind with the three section plug or the mic won't work. She uses them with a cord when she's playing on her PlayStation and without a cord the rest of the time. When she's not gaming, she's usually listening to music. I'm not exaggerating when I say these things are probably on her head more than 40 hours a week. I cannot believe how long they've held up under that level of use. The battery is rated for 40 hours and she only has to charge them every couple of days.

I’m on video conference calls about half of my work-day everyday.
I hate that this is true but the best overall mic’d headphones by far are the wired Apple Ear Buds.

Bluetooth headphones have two problems. The biggest is that you don’t want to be dicking around with having to charge them right when your meeting is in full swing. The other is that it’s verrrrrrry common for there to be a little feedback/echo when using them with conf call software.

The Apple ear buds are light and are comfortable to wear for hours at a time. The way they rest in the ear allows for easy removal and to hear ambient sounds. Sound quality is fine for conference calls.

B9D5FB72-7C83-47BA-8DF9-4CC751942884.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m on video conference calls about half of my work-day everyday.
I hate that this is true but the best overall mic’d headphones by far are the wired Apple Ear Buds.

Bluetooth headphones have two problems. The biggest is that you don’t want to be dicking around with having to charge them right when your meeting is in full swing. The other is that it’s verrrrrrry common for there to be a little feedback/echo when using them with conf call software.

The Apple ear buds are light and are comfortable to wear for hours at a time. The way they rest in the ear allows for easy removal and to hear ambient sounds. Sound quality is fine for conference calls.

View attachment 10942

I know I am a reprobate but I still prefer cords.

Back