• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Apple Users - Cheap iTunes Movie Codes

Haywood

Famous
As some of you know, Matt and I buy a ton of UltraViolet movie codes. I came across the odd iTunes title here and there, but I had no idea the size of the code market. This site is basically a centralized directory service that links to lots and lots of movie code sites. If you like the idea of paying a lot less for movies you can play on your Apple TV box or other iOS device, this might interest you a lot.

http://www.ultravioletcinema.com/getitunes.php?q=ITUNES

It will link you to deals like this one (The Big Short for $4.99)
http://www.thefastflicks.com/products/t ... 6593366916

Thanks for the heads-up. I just bought Minions for $0.99. I was thinking about getting this one, but wasn't sure if I wanted to pay the full Blu-Ray/Digital combo price for it. At a buck, SURE.

Akula said:
Thanks for the heads-up. I just bought Minions for $0.99. I was thinking about getting this one, but wasn't sure if I wanted to pay the full Blu-Ray/Digital combo price for it. At a buck, SURE.

Welcome to the dark side. Now you understand why I don't rent movies.

I have no desire to own movies, physical or streaming; but I could see something like this possibly being an option (albeit a potentially murky option) for those times when a movie is no longer available to rent.

It disappoints me that streaming services can only offer a movie for rent for a limited time. The option to buy the movie at full price is always there, but renting? Just try renting 22 Jump Street or that last Hobbit movie and youre out of luck. Those I think are currently exclusives of Starz/HBO-type services or Netflix/Prime types.

Not the end of the world since I obviously didn't care enough to rent these movies when they were available. But in my perfect world I'd always be able to rent them for five bucks, just in case the mood ever does hit.

One of the reasons I use the code sites is that I can buy new releases for around what I would pay to rent them. It makes no economic sense to rent a movie for $6 when I can buy it for $5-8. The selection is mostly limited to new releases and when they are gone, they are gone. Older releases do show up once in awhile, but the rule of thumb is still to buy it if you want it because it might not be there later. Another caution is that you should always check the price against the regular retailers, because sometimes the retailers have sales that beat the code sites.

It is no more murky than buying a Blu-Ray that comes with a DVD copy and then selling the DVD to a friend for a few bucks because you do not want it. The code is the license, much like the disc is the license. The code can only be redeemed one time, so it is a distinct piece of merchandise. Between disc-to-digital, code sites, retail sales and codes redeemed from Blu-Rays, my Vudu library is up to 1053 movies and over 50 seasons of television. Most of these are UltraViolet, 72 are Disney Movies Anywhere and 20 are licensed through Vudu directly.

Probably no ones going to jail due to protectionsfrom the first sale doctrine, but wonder if it might technically violate any terms of the ultraviolet user agreement. Though perhaps the legality of such EULA would be debatable.

As for codes being available mostly for newer releases, that makes sense. But looks like there's still plenty of codes available for movies no longer available to rent. Inside Out being one. Fairly new still, but going back to November being relatively old. Or even older yet my aforementioned 22 Jump Street.

It is very hit or miss. With some movies, the market gets so flooded with codes that they stick around for months on end and drop down to very low price points. Other movies are extremely hard to find, even when new. You will also sometimes find older movies, but that is usually around the time of a re-release of some sort. There is no predictable pattern, other than most new releases are available shortly after release.

I'm currently at 1,983 titles and about 20 seasons of TV shows just bought Season 1&2 of The Blacklist for 10.00 each. Most sites I do go to have very cheap iTunes versions of movies and although cheaper I still buy the slightly costlier HDX version just so my entire family can enjoy the movie with their linked accounts. iTunes is just one user so I would buy it and gladly pay a few bucks more for HDX instead of iTunes.

I find the lack of lossless audio is minimal in comparison to how much I save buying digital copies. I browse about 15 sites daily for the best deals (I've already bought the new Star Wars for 11.99) yes that is one of the costliest digital copies I've paid for but knew this would be a hot title and limited codes available and to get the movie and watch it five days before it's released in stores was worth the five dollar premium that and it's still half off the cost of the disc with no tax.

Back