• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

ATI Purchased B&K Components

Rope said:
soundhound said:
Batman said:
A little off topic since this question doesn't pertain to B&K, but I have wondered because I know Razz is pretty high on ATI, but is it safe to say ATI has a real "bang for the buck" type value as a brand going for it. (Much like SVS or HSU has in the sub market). Or is that way off base? I know it's a pretty general assessment if even valid, but I NEVER hear anything bad about them. At least on this forum...

ATI makes bulletproof amps with a very high degree of quality build. The specs are truthful and conservative. Some of the ATI amps share the same design as some of the very expensive high end amps that ATI makes for OEMs.

I don't know if this is a negative for you (it is for me), but almost all their designs are balanced from input to output, which gives the worst of all distortion signatures. Most people wouldn't be able to tell a difference though.

That statement is key, and I'm not affiliated with ATI in any way, form, or fashion, furthermore, I'm not attempting to convince anyone that differential amps are all that and a bag of chips. I will, however, say, the switch I made from a Bryston 5B-ST to an AT-2003 was a real eye opener. Not only did I gain watts RMS, but a lower noise floor, and all for less money.

Possibly the best thing I could have done would have been to purchase one of ATI's non differential designs, which I believe the AT-1800 would have sufficed.

Rope <----------------Tin Ear

That's what I did. It is quiet and can drive my Contour's to ear bleeding levels without problem.....only the cannons on the 1812 caused the clipping lights to activate once.

I have been completely satisfied with the 1802. Now if they would just make a lower powered 3 channel for the rest.

And the price I paid was was crazy....I made an offer out of my ass and Mike accepted. Almost fell out of my chair. :dance:

Back