• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Atmos is in the House!

What TV are you using? Most of the smart TV platforms have Plex support and Plex is a fantastic media server platform with a very nice user interface. It might be worth playing with.

I have the SUHD JS8500 4K tv from Samsung. Never looked into the apps much, other than Vudu and Netflix. The M-Go is a nightmare on this set for some reason and I lost patience with it. I'll check it out and see if Plex is on it.

Was your Marantz produced before or after the D&M Holdings acquisition ? Denon and Marantz now share a lot of the same chassis and components internally up to a point where Marantz breaks off into a separates category which, sadly, Denon no longer does. But your interface looks identical to the one on my Marantz preamp.

elfstone said:
I have the SUHD JS8500 4K tv from Samsung. Never looked into the apps much, other than Vudu and Netflix. The M-Go is a nightmare on this set for some reason and I lost patience with it. I'll check it out and see if Plex is on it.

Plex is on it. You can download the server for free.

I'll try it and see how it is.

Just watched Goosebumps with Atmos. Pretty good!

Throughout the whole movie I kept thinking that Slappy the Dummy reminded me of someone. Then it hit me. Ted Cruz.

Movie was great with Atmos. Flying insects, the green mantis and the invisible boy were well represented and sound was everywhere.

elfstone said:
Just watched Goosebumps with Atmos. Pretty good!

Throughout the whole movie I kept thinking that Slappy the Dummy reminded me of someone. Then it hit me. Ted Cruz.

Movie was great with Atmos. Flying insects, the green mantis and the invisible boy were well represented and sound was everywhere.

Again, you suck! That sounds fantastic. I can't wait to check it out somewhere.

Too bad we aren't living in Florida again! You weren't that far away. But it's a bit of a drive for both of us now.

Back