• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Attention James Stewart Fans

D

Deleted member 133

I've waxed enthusiastic about TCM in the past - most recently (a year or so ago) when they showed just about every Bogart film made, in a one month period.

I should have given a heads-up earlier this month, but they've just finished showing a ton of Buster Keaton films - features and shorts - including a bunch he did with Fatty Arbuckle. Absolutely incredible stuff!

But I've strayed from topic.

As I am going through next month's showings, two films caught my eye: Speed and Ice Follies of 1939 - both playing on November 18th. The reason: I've been collecting movies for nearly 30 years now, and James Stewart movies have always made my list. This is the first time I've ever had a chance to acquire these two. They're true collector's rareties. So for anyone else out there into Jimmy, here's a heads-up.

By the by, they're showing some other's of his that day - which are nearly as hard to come by.

Jeff

JeffMackwood said:
I've waxed enthusiastic about TCM in the past - most recently (a year or so ago) when they showed just about every Bogart film made, in a one month period.

I should have given a heads-up earlier this month, but they've just finished showing a ton of Buster Keaton films - features and shorts - including a bunch he did with Fatty Arbuckle. Absolutely incredible stuff!

But I've strayed from topic.

As I am going through next month's showings, two films caught my eye: Speed and Ice Follies of 1939 - both playing on November 18th. The reason: I've been collecting movies for nearly 30 years now, and James Stewart movies have always made my list. This is the first time I've ever had a chance to acquire these two. They're true collector's rareties. So for anyone else out there into Jimmy, here's a heads-up.

By the by, they're showing some other's of his that day - which are nearly as hard to come by.

Jeff
Thanks for the head's up Jeff, I am a big Jimmy Stewart Fan.

I cut the cable a couple of year ago, so I'll have to miss those. :handgestures-thumbdown:

Dennie

I love TCM and my wife's a bigger fan. I'll have to make note of the JS films coming up.

Dennie said:
Thanks for the head's up Jeff, I am a big Jimmy Stewart Fan.

I cut the cable a couple of year ago, so I'll have to miss those. :handgestures-thumbdown:

Dennie
PM me your address Dennie and I'll mail you copies of both of them once I have them. If there's a few extra "Jimmys" that you've always wanted to see but never could get your hands on, PM those titles as well and I'll see what I can do.

By my count Jimmy was in 82 movies. With the two mentionned above I'll have all but 8 of them in my collection.

Jeff

Back