• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Audiovox is buying Klipsch? WTF?

I'm sold!! But I'm also drunk :eek:bscene-drinkingdrunk: :laughing-rolling:

Batman said:

I'll preface this post by acknowledging that I am dru-hic-nk as well. MMMMMM.....Gotta love that Singel Barrel. BTW, where's Pauly 'cuz we all know he wants some too.

The acquisition of Klipsch by Audiovox is troubling at best. T7's right, the concern is about the higher end gear. Can you imagine some knock-off Heresy's at Target? Oh...I'm going to get the bottle again.

John <-----Thankful for the backspace key

yromj said:
MMMMMM.....Gotta love that Singel Barrel. BTW, where's Pauly 'cuz we all know he wants some too.

Oh, I have plenty of single barrel - just that it's mostly Bourbons at the moment, and one Scotch. It's all good, though!

Batman said:

and i been called a bad influence...I ain't seen him drunk yet...

ouch. harsh times definitely shows some tenacity.

i do hope they keep the as is, and dont touch whats already have a great following.

TitaniumTroy said:
Well here is a real head turner of a video, showing what Audiovox can for a company like Acoustic Research. Let us all pray for Klipsch now :scared-yipes: http://www.youtube.com/user/AudiovoxPR

" can be used as a stand alone home theatre system, "apps for controlling your clock" :handgestures-thumbdown:

"Full motorized arm to move your IPod from Portrait to Lanscape".

Gheez, what would i do without that. I am sold...

TitaniumTroy said:
Well here is a real head turner of a video, showing what Audiovox can for a company like Acoustic Research. Let us all pray for Klipsch now :scared-yipes: http://www.youtube.com/user/AudiovoxPR

" can be used as a stand alone home theatre system, "apps for controlling your clock" :handgestures-thumbdown:

Hmm... and this is one AR's website:

"Acoustic Research is one of the most respected names in sound reproduction and has been for nearly a hundred years. Today's AR products feature sophisticated electronics and high end speaker technology to support the latest and greatest in personal consumer electronics. Our iPod Docking solutions let consumers enjoy audio and even video or photos from their Apple iPod and iPhones with better audio quality, convenient portability and extended functionality. Acoustic Research...the sound of sophistication! "

I luckily own the last Great speaker AR made just before they sold out to Audiovox (Phantom) series. I feel sorry for Klipsch if Audiovox does what they did to AR.

Audiovox, Klipsch Deal Closes
By Joseph Palenchar -- TWICE, 3/2/2011

:text-link:

Hauppauge, N.Y. - Audiovox completed its acquisition of Klipsch Group for $166 million.

As a wholly owned subsidiary of Audiovox,  Klipsch Group will operate as a stand-alone entity that will continue to be run by its current management team in its current Indianapolis headquarters, Audiovox said.

Towen7 said:
.......As a wholly owned subsidiary of Audiovox,  Klipsch Group will operate as a stand-alone entity that will continue to be run by its current management team in its current Indianapolis headquarters, Audiovox said.

That makes me feel better.

Yesfan70 said:
Towen7 said:
.......As a wholly owned subsidiary of Audiovox,  Klipsch Group will operate as a stand-alone entity that will continue to be run by its current management team in its current Indianapolis headquarters, Audiovox said.

Good news indeer!

Let's hope it genuinely stays that way . . . .

topper said:
Yesfan70 said:
Towen7 said:

Good news indeed!

Let's hope it genuinely stays that way . . . .

Back