• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

AVS updates it's webpage

TitaniumTroy

I see the folks at the AVS forum updated their, webpage and software. Looks pretty neat and clean to me, I like it when you scroll over a topic and it gives you mini window of the the topic, without having to click on it.

When I go over there which is not often, I spend most of the time in the Ultra High End Audio HT Gear ($20,000+) because that is where my peers are. Plus I just like hanging out with a more Elite class of people than this trailer trash crowd. Yeah right.

With my salary they probably wouldn't even let me clean the floors in that forum :chores-mop: I do check out the front page and their speaker forum once in awhile they have an official Magnepan owners thread which is probably over hundred pages long by now.

http://www.avsforum.com/

been there due to the new tv i bought, and had to wait a day after i got the tv to get to learn more and/or get more reviews on it.

i hate that my firefox is screwing up my replies, and/or no script too. i have to end up doing the copy and paste trick.

I go on there to follow a few subscribed threads. The new software GUI looks ok but they had a great iPhone app that is useless now. I assume they will update it, but they have not yet.

I'd also comment that the new software requires more resources. It seems to load slower and act more sluggish through navigation.

Hey Andy,
I'm going to hi-jack this thread and ask you what you thought of the Parasound amp vs. Nakamichi?

jamhead said:
Hey Andy,
I'm going to hi-jack this thread and ask you what you thought of the Parasound amp vs. Nakamichi?

I honestly am not sure if there was any noticable difference. I probably shouls A/B test them more closely at some point. I am keeping both because I think the size and performance of the Parasound make it a great utility player (i.e. I can move it from office to HT etc...). I had the Nakamichi serviced and it cost less than I expected and addressed most of the issues I had with it.

On a separate but somewhat related note, I am really tempted to move the 3.4s into my office. I work from home and listen to almost all of my music in there. The HT is in our large living room and as it is now, that system is 90% TV and movies. My only issue is the size of the 3.4s and the size of my office.

I still have some d/m series Dyns ready to ship, your choice floorstanders or bookshelves... :eusa-whistle:

AndySTL said:
jamhead said:
Hey Andy,

I honestly am not sure if there was any noticable difference. I probably shouls A/B test them more closely at some point. I am keeping both because I think the size and performance of the Parasound make it a great utility player (i.e. I can move it from office to HT etc...). I had the Nakamichi serviced and it cost less than I expected and addressed most of the issues I had with it.

On a separate but somewhat related note, I am really tempted to move the 3.4s into my office. I work from home and listen to almost all of my music in there. The HT is in our large living room and as it is now, that system is 90% TV and movies. My only issue is the size of the 3.4s and the size of my office.

Exactly what I thought you would say. Enjoy!

Batman said:
I still have some d/m series Dyns ready to ship, your choice floorstanders or bookshelves... :eusa-whistle:

You don't know how tempting that is...I am hooked on the Dyn sound right now.

You can't beat "cost" and I REALLY want my new JVC projector... :eusa-whistle:

I hate the new AVS software because my iPhone app no longer works and have to load it up old school which is not conducive to my tiny screen.

MatthewB said:
I hate the new AVS software because my iPhone app no longer works and have to load it up old school which is not conducive to my tiny screen.
:text-+1: That app was sweet too. Apparently there is a 3rd party forum reader app that is compatible with the new site. I think it's called Tapatalk (or something). It's $2 or $3 so I have not tried it yet. Not sure what was wrong with their old software. It worked well for me.

Back