• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

B O R D E R L A N D S 2 - yes its THAT important...

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
for those who played BL1, you know whats in store for you.

greater graphics, better gameplay and man, this is so much polished after BL1.

for those with a significant other, this is THE game to play co-op...

highly highly suggested.

Already purchased! (actually it came free with my GPU for my new computer) And I got the "season pass" for DLC. Guess it came out yesterday? I haven't downloaded it yet as I'm still in the middle of Mass Effect 3. Hopefully, this weekend!

i actually saw saldog yesterday while i was online. a bit bothersome that i could see people log in and out...

anyways, turned off the networking option.

one thing frustrating tho is that i lost my stuff for second player (i play on the right side of the screen), i 'deleted' him or didnt save his detail. :(

anyways, its a great game folks. sounds a bit off tho, dialogue isnt as clear, but man, the guns in this are nice and shiny! :happy-smileygiantred:

*claptrap noise*.... oh... check me out... *claptrap noise*... im dancing im dancing! :happy-smileygiantred:

Borderlands is probably my all time favorite game.

I'm all over this one but I feel like waiting a bit for price to drop... i've never paid over $25 for a game before. This one I bet I do.

Got it installed, played the first little bit. Looks really sweet! Graphics on my PC are much nicer than the previous version that I played on PS3, dunno if it's the platform or the new version or what, but it looks really pretty and is very smooth. So far so good! I'm playing Zero, the assassin/sniper character.

games on PC's will always look nicer compared to console versions. yes, i said it. its going to look better on PC rather than 360 or PS3...

anyways, im playing as zero as well, but miss playing as mordecai because of burdy burd.

"i wonder how it feels like to have a bellybutton" -claptrapp.

jomari said:
games on PC's will always look nicer compared to console versions. yes, i said it. its going to look better on PC rather than 360 or PS3...

Agreed, that's part - actually most - of why I paid some $$ for a nice GPU in my PC - coulda gotten a new PS3 for the same price! :eek:

Been playing a bit, I'm up around level 15. So far I guess I'm a little underwhelmed by this sequel. Yeah it's fun, I'm definitely hooked. And I just LOVE the graphical style of this game. But it's pretty darned similar to the first game, they really haven't added anything new in terms of game play. Sure the characters are different, but it's still the fundamental choice of character type: commando, sniper, "magic" user, brute gun slinger. There aren't quite as many missions, it seems, and each mission is longer and more involved than they tended to be in BL1. Which is kinda cool because it gets you a little more involved, but kind of annoying sometimes if you're a compulsive swag collector like me :laughing: and you have to go longer between vending machines to sell all the crap you've picked up along the way. I still spend way too much time in inventory management, comparing stats between various weapons, etc. Hard not to be obsessive about that, for me anyway.

Oh well, I still love it, and I don't mean to knock BL2. If you loved BL1 you'll love BL2 as I do, just don't expect anything terribly different; they've found a successful formula for this game, and are sticking to it.

PaulyT said:
Been playing a bit, I'm up around level 15. So far I guess I'm a little underwhelmed by this sequel. Yeah it's fun, I'm definitely hooked. And I just LOVE the graphical style of this game. But it's pretty darned similar to the first game, they really haven't added anything new in terms of game play. Sure the characters are different, but it's still the fundamental choice of character type: commando, sniper, "magic" user, brute gun slinger. There aren't quite as many missions, it seems, and each mission is longer and more involved than they tended to be in BL1. Which is kinda cool because it gets you a little more involved, but kind of annoying sometimes if you're a compulsive swag collector like me :laughing: and you have to go longer between vending machines to sell all the crap you've picked up along the way. I still spend way too much time in inventory management, comparing stats between various weapons, etc. Hard not to be obsessive about that, for me anyway.

Oh well, I still love it, and I don't mean to knock BL2. If you loved BL1 you'll love BL2 as I do, just don't expect anything terribly different; they've found a successful formula for this game, and are sticking to it.

good insight Pauly,
I actually like the idea of fewer "trade in spots"... makes you a little more strategic. I'm soooo looking forward to this one... still going to make myself suffer and wait a bit till price drops.

for what its worth, pauly pretty much hit this one on the nail.

i played it recently, solo without the missus, and well... a bit underwhelmed as well. pretty much repetitive at times, and if you're already at one area, and can SEE certain things can be done but are prevented to do so (good example are those tape recorders or echoes i see scattered in sanctuary) just bums me out.

nitpicking
1. i hate the new interface for your stuff. it keeps f*cking moving and i have to spin my environment to read the goddamn thing. double the eyesore in co-op mode.
2. boxes, safes, lockers. you can pretty much loot a number of things, but man, its overwhelming to try to open every goddamn thing tho.
3. cant replay echo messages like BL1...

this game is a great upgrade but er... lets put it this way,

compared to batman, the first game was amazing. arkham city improved a magnanimous amount, due to location, characters, gameplay and creating a 2.0 upgrade worthy experience. this one sticks to its roots, upgrades gameplay, UI, characters (if you want to call that an upgrade, id rather just say its a switch of characters to put it bluntly), and THEN call it version 1.8 - good enough everything, but the gameplay could be better.

im going to get stomped on but im feeling like an underacheiving vault boy playing go fetch.

i dont know if im in love with this game because its the only couch co-op available that i can play with the missus, or because of the core elements of it.

So... I finally got around to nearly finishing this game with my first character (Zero, the swordfighter/sniper dude). I say nearly, because I got stuck in a bad area and couldn't figure out how to get out, and kept getting killed over and over because there's just so many bad guys and not enough cover for the sniper style. It was very frustrating, and kinda capped what I considered to be a big disappointment in this game. I never really "connected" with this character, it just never seemed to click and work well. His "superpower" was kinda useless. Overall I think it was probably just a bad choice of character on my part, though I think compared to BL1 this game has a lot more numerous and powerful enemies, which is frustrating with a sniper character because it takes SO LONG to work through them all and it slows down the gameplay a lot; that is, the game just doesn't seem well-designed for this type of character.

Last night I started completely from scratch, with a totally opposite character - the Gunzerker, a big badass brute type who goes in with guns blazing in close combat. I NEVER play this sort of character, because I usually dislike the "hack and slash" mentality. But I gotta say, in this case it seems to be a huge improvement. No longer do I have to sit in the shadows forever picking off enemies, I just run in and get the job done. His superpower - using two guns at once and getting a health and defense bonus - is awesome, really useful and much more a part of the gameplay than with my previous character. In a matter of a few hours, I got to ~ level 9 and made it to Sanctuary. Granted, it always goes faster the second time around, but this was so much more fast-paced and interesting to me this time around, I think it's gonna be almost a completely different game.

I feel much better about this game now than I did before.

Another advantage to starting over is that you get to keep your badass ranks, that helps some too. Supposedly you can pass items from one character to another, haven't tried that yet, but impossible to do with my other character being stuck away from Sanctuary... probably won't worry about that part.

I don't play split screen... I haven't had any stability or bug problems, but I'm on PC, not console.

PaulyT said:
I don't play split screen... I haven't had any stability or bug problems, but I'm on PC, not console.

the bugs affecting everyone, consoles and pc.

nonetheless, they've got a patch for that so no worries for the pc folks.

i dont mind the badass points that much to be honest, but i havent been playing that for a LONG time. too busy on AC3. :happy-smileygiantred:

Just finished the game with my gunzerker character. WAY better experience than with Zero, he was kinda useless as a solo character, in retrospect. Much more entertaining to play a character with useful powerups, and who can wield multiple guns - it's fun to work out which combinations work best. I was also lucky and happened upon a gold weapon, a major assault rifle, which I used for the last 1/3 of the game. That was cool.

I have the season pass so I'll probably play these extension missions at some point, not sure how to access them just yet, guess I'll figure that out later. But at least now I'm not regretting the acquisition of this game; I felt with Salvador, the game took on more of the feel of BL1, somehow. Might try the new mechromancer class at some point, but not sure I really want to play though the whole game yet again. it's fun but it's just not the same when you're doing missions/areas that you've done before. Though I must say, it was satisfying with Salvador blasting through the area that I got totally stuck on with Zero.

id probably consider playing the extra content with the mech add on character, thus putting more of a spin on it.

too bad im still playing AC:3.

i also just acquired hitman:absolution.

dishonored is gathering dust. :happy-smileygiantred:

I'm playing it and having a lot of fun...

Who am I kidding.. I'm addicted!

So I'm on level 15 now and there is a guy named "Michael" in Sanctuary that just gives you a weapon when you talk to him, every time! Good weapons too. You have to leave Sanctuary for him to give you another weapon. But every time I come back he gives me another one. He's never in the same place so you have to go look for him. Google him and you will find some of the regular spots he hangs out.

Yeah, I ran into him a couple of times, and sometimes he'd give me good stuff, other times, not so much...

Which character are you using?

Back