• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Bass Pigs Lair

:shock:

First time I've seen an oscilloscope in a HT. I used to own that Roland A-80 keyboard controller, what a heavy pig for gigging.

TitaniumTroy said:
If only MattB was worthy to own a system like this: :bow-blue: http://www.basspig.com/
More like Ashley on steroids. One thing bothers me about the setup in the link is, the pole in axis with the center of the system. Just a bad choice speaker / screen location. :handgestures-thumbdown:

What's insane about bragging about your systems ability to stimulate your bowels when cranking it at 140db peaks. :scared-eek: Eathan Winer asked BassPig to play an 8hz tone since that is what is tuned too, he said it felt like a blast of air.

TitaniumTroy said:
Eathan Winer asked BassPig to play an 8hz tone since that is what is tuned too, he said it felt like a blast of air.
You mean the "brown note"? You know, the rumor about infrasonic sound causing people to loose control of their bowel. :eek:bscene-tolietpush:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piLoZ-eihXM[/youtube]

DIYer said:
You know, the rumor about infrasonic sound causing people to loose control of their bowel. :eek:bscene-tolietpush:
I've experienced it the other way around... :?

Botch said:
I'm guessing what you are describing is the resonance inside the toilet, the air between water surface and you. I suppose you can tune it by moving slightly.

My PB12 +2 made me shit my pants when my buddy and I had to carry it down my basement stairs.

DIYer said:
Botch said:
I'm guessing what you are describing is the resonance inside the toilet, the air between water surface and you. I suppose you can tune it by moving slightly.
Eh, that retaining wall was crumbling anyway...

Botch said:
DIYer said:
You know, the rumor about infrasonic sound causing people to loose control of their bowel. :eek:bscene-tolietpush:

So Botch are you saying your audio system caused some, uh....dynamic compression, I think my old DBX Expander could have been some help, maybe :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Randy said:
My PB12 +2 made me shit my pants when my buddy and I had to carry it down my basement stairs.

I'm sorry, but... that may be the funniest post I've ever read. :banana-gotpics:

milpool said:
Randy said:

I'm sorry, but... that may be the funniest post I've ever read. :banana-gotpics:

Do you want pics of the PB12 +2 in the basement or pics of the pants I was wearin?? :eek:bscene-buttred:

I hate to be the one to derail this shitty thread but this Mythbusters video isn't sitting well with me. Could it be that they didn't achieve their goal because they were outside? I can't help but feel if they would've conducted their experiment in a gym or a warehouse, they may have had better luck. And I can't believe these "audio experts" that set up the gear didn't consider the severe lack of room gain.

Room gain means increased output due to room. If 120db @ 9Hz became 150db due to room gain, simply putting out 150db outside would be equivalent to the advantage of room gain. At least that is my understanding of it.

BTW, Zing, something tells me that the "brown note" really caught your interest. :laughing: I can almost picture you at next GTG, "Hey everyone, I wanna show you something... just plug this cable here, turn it on and... wait till I get outside".

What I love is that he cut that support pole away and it does not appear that he altered the buildings support structure in any other way.

My bad. Not room gain but pressurizing the room. I think they would've had better luck indoors than out.

Zing said:
My bad. Not room gain but pressurizing the room. I think they would've had better luck indoors than out.
So what you are saying is, you want to bring it to next GTG and would like to perfect it beforehand. :think:

Back