• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Battlefield 3

-B-

I'm no gamer, but I was at a friends house and watched him play the beta version (available til October 10) and the demo. I was simply blown away by the graphics. I admit I don't see many games but I've seen enough to say that this game, in my opinion, takes games to a different level. The characters, weapons, surroundings.....everything is stunning and part of the experience. There's earthquakes, tremors, and buildings and other surroundings react very life like when blown up etc. Is it 100% accurate to real life? No, but the closest I have ever seen.

If I wasn't so terrible at 1st person shooters I'd be eagerly awaiting this game. But it does make me wonder how good future games powered by the Frostbite gaming engine will be. the pc version supposedly will allow up to 60 players in an online game.

Interesting like you I'm no gamer and first person shooters make me want to shoot myself. I watched the Trailer for this game and it was incredible. I wont be buying as my experience with Black Ops was less than enthusiastic.

Srvy said:
Interesting like you I'm no gamer and first person shooters make me want to shoot myself. I watched the Trailer for this game and it was incredible. I wont be buying as my experience with Black Ops was less than enthusiastic.

All black ops did was make me anxious and frustrated. I have a terrible time learning the controls to be fluid and don't play enough to master them. This game was so impressive it needed a thread.

i love playing games, been a gamer since nes. not snes but nes. actually, atari, but i didnt own one. too expensive back then. :(

anyways, ive been playing the beta since the 27th (one of those who bought MOH got two days in prior to everyone else)... and love it. i played BFBC2 for quite sometime now, and have always favored it over COD.

no. lets not go to COD versus Battlefield.

i loved COD, i loved it first time around, heck went 55 i think 3 times or something. the second time around did it once i think. never went to black ops, and well, it grew tiresome for me. too many campers, outrageous kniving skills etc.

played BFBC2, and man, i got hooked. no lone wolf, suicide lemme get to you kinda mentality. more or less reminded me of the counterstrike days. (whoo 1.6!!!)

anyways, i got hooked.

this is a beta, which primarily is showing off what it can, and what it cant do for the meantime. im assuming its an old build or old code.

ive lent my impressions to others, and overall, not bad at all. the menu system take a bit getting used to, but got a good grip on it.

a couple of things that annoyed me were
1. a glitch where you end up going prone and go underneath the surface area.
2. people who exploit this, and use it towards their leveling up. i did fall in a couple of times, but rather committed suicide instead.
3. rpg-ers... i hate how people exploit it (once again)
4. flashlights, lasers - its there to annoy you or blind you like a flash bang. it works.

anyways, i cant wait to get this, preordered it the day it came out. ive leveled up to 4 already slow to some peoples standards, but im busy working. i will probably give it another day or two, then uninstall it.

i can wait much longer.

well it appears as though Battlefield 3 was a flop.

Anyone I know who bought it, traded it in within a week. Servers constantly dropping connection is the biggest culprit.

Game did look amazing, but it seems that looks and eye candy couldn't save this one.

D

I realize it is a different game but I have been seeing alot of ads for Call of Duty Modren Warfare 3.

I don't have a PS or XBOX so the question is - are the graphics in the actual game play like the graphics they show in the ads?

If so I think that is amazing and might temp me to get one of those systems.

Yeah I'd say those ads are a pretty accurate representation. Be careful though some of the footage are from cinematic cutscenes (usually a tad more realistic) from within the game. But the graphics during actual gameplay are pretty bleeping amazing!!!

Doghart said:
well it appears as though Battlefield 3 was a flop.

Anyone I know who bought it, traded it in within a week. Servers constantly dropping connection is the biggest culprit.

Game did look amazing, but it seems that looks and eye candy couldn't save this one.

D

id have to disagree on that note,

Im not certain, but on the PS3 side, most of the server issues were easily resolved via Server browser, and , based on the ping signal showing on the right side, would show what kind of experience you'd have.

The quick server problem was resolved by simply going into the server browser and selecting the game you want to get into. of course if it says 23/24 or so, it might be full by the time you get on.

The servers were a problem, i can concur with that, but most of those who have played it with me, have constantly been on it almost every day or so.

Granted, the Campaign mode brings nothing new to the series, visually, its astonishing. But the experience once more simply is linear, aint they all tho?

I admit, im a fan of BFBC2, and hoped that it transcended into Battlefield 3. Both have their strong points, altho i miss the maps on BFBC2, and the amount of destruction found in it, i dont miss the Recon class who's been hunted a lot in this game.

I dont think i can call myself hating COD tho either, since ive played that as well. Its just a matter of HOW you play both games, and well, to each his own style. you can see stats online anyways if you'd like - both on Battlefield games as well as COD have stat engines available for the public.

MP on battlefield 3 is different from COD, and COD is different of course compared to BF3.

Coincidently, this comes up on COD MW3 release date.

I don't have a dog in this fight but I gotta ask...

Why you you want to play a game that was by all accounts identical to another? My gamer friends say that Battlefield 3 is pretty much EXACTLY like a COD game.

Towen7 said:
I don't have a dog in this fight but I gotta ask...

Why you you want to play a game that was by all accounts identical to another? My gamer friends say that Battlefield 3 is pretty much EXACTLY like a COD game.

with this in mind towen, pretty much any fps game should be called COD or vice versa. What a number of people think is that Battlefield 3 is a copycat towards the Call of duty series, when BF3 and COD are completely DIFFERENT from each other. it really depends on where their roots are based.

when i started playing COD, it was a great experience, Team Death Match was the bomb. then you learn Search & Destroy, then capture the flag. All these are treated differently, with tactics here and there, and if your lucky, would squad up.

The battlefield series is done in a similar pattern but more focused on teamplay, rather than individual kill to death ratios (which is the strongpoint COD has). It rewards you on the times you Capture a flag, assist kills, defend the areas etc. Sure you can go lone wolf, but it doesnt do as much as reviving teammates, replenishing ammo, spotting the enemy, etc.

Sure, any First person shooter is essentially the same game when it comes to campaign mode.

Multiplayer tho, it really depends on how you CHOOSE to play it, either on COD or BF3. play as a teammate, lone wolf, is completely up to you, therefore changing the experience in the process.

Battlefield games usually will allow you to drive and pilot vehicles in the multiplayer version online, where as COD series avoids this.

I have played both and prefer the COD series. Yes they are VERY similar, but saying they are the same is like saying whiskey is whiskey no matter the brand.

COD usually looks a little more polished and plays smoother online.

If you were going to only compare the single player aspect then they are 80% the same.

D

Battlefield is also known for its destructive environment that the COD series does not have. I guess its one aspect i enjoyed a lot in BFBC2. Tanks and helis were the bomb, but nowadays a number of people are enjoying piloting jets.

Doghart said:
If you were going to only compare the single player aspect then they are 80% the same.
D

Id hate to disagree doghart, but as much as ive loved the battlefield 3 platform for their MP gameplay, id have to give it to COD for their campaign series. strictly speaking tho, id consider both the Modern warfare and the World at War series different but both good in regards to their storytelling. you feel connected to Ghost and Soap in Modern Warfare, and well, in World at war, i guess the 'russian' grew on me since then.

In comparison to Battlefield (BFBC2, MOH, BF3), i felt that one or two of the main characters always dies. as much as people hated MOH for delivering an underpowered game, i had fun with it. in fact i bought it twice. (traded in once, then regret sunk in).

I 'grew' up with Soap in the FPS gaming world, and not with Blackburn or other characters they try to plaster on you.

Both are great games, just have different taste thats all.

I would agree with that. I find the COD storyline sucking me into the game.

As far as actual gameplay goes, I usually head to YOUTUBE and google gameplay videos of the game itself before buying another dud.

Here's a start: (actual game-play starts at about 4:12)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jaw5YRAz5YM[/youtube]

MZ, if you are truly interested in gaming I would tell you to pick up a 360 and check out the COD series.

Of course the older games look a bit dated, but they are still fun to play through and can be picked up used for just a few bucks!! I prefer the look and feel of the 360 over the PS3, as well as the fact that the PS3 controller just feels awkward in my hands. The 360 can also be used as a Windows Media Center extender to stream content from your PC.

The COD series is also available on PC, but I prefer to kick it on the couch when I game, not hunch over a PC.

D

Im always blown away by what these systems can do graphically but I don't play these games. Primarily because they intimidate me with the complexity of the controls and difficulty of game play, especially playing on-line. It's bad enough to struggle but getting your butt handed to you along with a stream of vulgar insults from a 10 year old is humiliating.

Towen7 said:
Im always blown away by what these systems can do graphically but I don't play these games. Primarily because they intimidate me with the complexity of the controls and difficulty of game play, especially playing on-line. It's bad enough to struggle but getting your butt handed to you along with a stream of vulgar insults from a 10 year old is humiliating.

I sincerely thank you.

You have managed to express pretty much the exact reason I'm not doing the sophisticated games. I do have a Wii but stick with fairly easy games and wouldn't even think about online gaming. The graphics are really neat on the PS and 360 wish I was more adept at these things.

Towen7 said:

i think im just lucky enough to have started early. im a 35 year old who enjoyed video games when Super mario 3 came out on NES, and then started onwards enjoying it.

mzpro5 said:
I sincerely thank you.

You have managed to express pretty much the exact reason I'm not doing the sophisticated games. I do have a Wii but stick with fairly easy games and wouldn't even think about online gaming. The graphics are really neat on the PS and 360 wish I was more adept at these things.

i think that we all have our little hobbies here and there. heck you give me a wrench and a v6 engine and id probably hit my head with it or what not. i cant garden for sh*t either.

i dont think i can stand finding out that a kid beat me at a game online, but hey, i get used to it. i think its a matter of being a 'better person' if ever that happens. its a game.

as mzpro mentioned, its essentially a gaming system. as long as you end up enjoying the experience, and find yourself immersed in it, it did its job.

no need for multiplayer to enjoy battles. you can get killzone 2 or 3 with Bots (CPU in place of real players), to enjoy it.

I suck at FPS's, but I'll kick some ass at racing games. Most of my online friends are FPS guys. I play just to have fun and to have fun with friends. I like both series so I don't know that I could choose one over the other, other then right now I'd choose BF3 for the simple fact that you can drive/fly the vehicles/planes and real world destruction,

Back