• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Battlefield 4 and Assassins Creed Black Flag

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
Got to play both yesterday, was trying to gauge which one i wanted to do more.

Battlefield 4 was my choice. It played well, it felt different, but also the same. If you are used to the BFBC 'feel' this isnt it, but if you liked BF3, then this is up your alley.

There was some changes, and it felt like a long 'online' version, seeing 'headshots plus 25 points' each time you get it. it felt unreal at that point, but kinda got over it afterwards. Graphics? well, its the same as BF3 i guess, altho im not really going into that simply because i play games for their story and content, rather than just going thru graphics all the goddamn time.

Good game, will update soon...

Black Flag

This felt nice. it felt right, improved so to speak. For those who have played AC series for a while, this shows some maturity, in the same light that AC3 did. The controls reacted much better, i didnt feel overweight like AC3 did at times, and his response times are better. Graphics wise, it was sharper, and a bit painful to watch from a color blinded point of view. It felt like the first Uncharted demo, where too much green came into play, and i couldnt distinguish places to hide.

The naval aspect of AC3 was what made me enjoy it a lot, and this one got it polished a bit more. Gun controls are a bit off, but will get better in time.

I liked it a lot.

If i was to get one right now, id get AC black flag for those familiar with the series.

How'd you get to play black flag? I thought that wasn't coming out until late Nov?

PaulyT said:
How'd you get to play black flag? I thought that wasn't coming out until late Nov?

these two games were released yesterday for the ps3, then later on will be released for the PS4 and Xbox one in november.

there are also videos on youtube showing the differences of both games on current gen consoles versus the newer ones, and shows the differences.

personally, im going to wait it out a bit, and play the observation card until 2014 if there would be any available then.

for the meantime, i like the storyline of AC black flag. not your typical one, like AC3 did in its beginning.

Ah, I see. Well I'll be playing it on PC, so I'll have to wait. Gonna be a while anyway before the price comes down a bit, maybe after Christmas.

Have you played Grand theft Auto 5 yet? One of my friends has it and it looks outstanding. I was thinking about getting it myself.

Deacon said:
Have you played Grand theft Auto 5 yet? One of my friends has it and it looks outstanding. I was thinking about getting it myself.

dropped GTA 5 when battlefield 4 and AC BF came out, but i had a BLAST playing that game. altho not as sentimental or as memorable as GTA Vice city, it still was a wonderful experience. Definitely a great GTA upgrade, showing both game maturity in terms of mechanics and/or handling sandbox or open world games.

Did you buy it yet deacon? you have a ps3 right? Let me know if youre interested, i can lend it to you if you want. Pauly, still interested in Last of Us?

jomari said:
Pauly, still interested in Last of Us?

Yeah, actually. I don't play many ps3 games anymore, but that one sounds pretty cool. If you want to loan/trade/sell, PM me and we'll work it out. I've got a bunch of ps3 games I don't use anymore... the Infamous and Uncharted series come to mind.

Yeah I see GTA V is a hoot for some.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWm7Ri9a3-E[/youtube]

quick update,

for BF4, not much, at certain points, campaign or single player has been pretty bland, and i guess im getting tired of FPS linear games at this point. oh well. most people buy BF games for its multiplayer aspect, and not for its campaign. one note tho, they've made the single player seem to be 'multiplayer' looking, when you kill an enemy, a number shows up, showing its equivalent in points or rewards. kinda detracts from the game itself, when they've thought to make it as seamless and as authentic as possible, minimalizing the HUD system etc. i probably will turn it off later on.

for AC BF, man, this one is turning out to be a blast. I loved my GTA5, but was slow at the beginning. this one seems to be taking off pretty well.

if you've played AC 3, then youd be familiar with the naval battles. Imagine that multiplied by 100. Vastly improved and shows they've given it a lot, a LOT of thought as to how to make it appealing.

Fast travel is back, and similar to AC3, done a good job. you have to 'earn' it by syncronizing points.

I still have troubles with my character jumping where i dont want him to, climbing up walls he dont supposed to, and well, diving now into water without a clue. it reminded me of AC 2 i think, but with the new control system. I guess Connor's control was better about this, but you cant climb certain things as much as this one does.

Ive missed two things key to the experience.

1. The wheel assigned to L2, which allows you to choose the weapons is gone, and is replaced by using the directional keys (up, down, left and right). altho at times feels like an improvement, its just a big paradigm shift for old school ac players.

2. One component i missed is the AC missions. The ones where you recruit new assassins, train them, and give them missions to 'conquest' certain areas. I know i know, its pirates, but i wish his sense of maturity wouldve implored that even towards pirates. Small batches, but maybe next episode? Lets see.

Its a great game so far, visuals do pretty well, but at times texture popping shows up.other than that, its a great show.

Woo-hoo! Just scored AC4 (PC) for a decent price on eBay, now I have something to do during thanksgiving break! :banana-dance: Y'know, besides spend time with family and crap like that...

forgot to update this thread,

BF4 campaign is in one word : emotionless. you cant essentially connect with any of the other characters in the game, i didnt feel much for it, and thought that BF3 had a stronger storyline.

ACBF tho,

hehehe, pauly, you gonna love this one. yes, there will be glitches, but hey, its part of it.

great game play, i cant stop pirating, looting ships, hitting BIGGER ships and just watching them on the water, amazing.

glad you got it for a bargain!

Finished Black Flag, or at least most of it. There were a few sequences I didn't get 100% sync on, just too much to bother with. But anyway, I love the AC franchise games, this one was interesting and I liked Edward's character, and his connection to Haytham and Connor from the previous game. I think overall I liked the previous one with Connor better; all the ship stuff in Black Flag got a little tedious at times. Great story overall, though, and a very enjoyable game. Spectacular graphics (on PC). Pretty long too, I think, compared to others, at least when you're going for all the little side stuff. I think I had about 97% total completion.

My friends and I decided to go BF4 over the newest installment of COD:G.

I must say, I'm sorry. Even though both are for the most part, the same as their predecessor, I find myself bored to tears playing BF4.

AC:BF on the other hand, I'm glad I got. I've only played the first AC and it was short lived due to the controls and my frustration. I took a friends word (Just as I did about BF4) and reviews I've seen, that the controls are very nicely laid out this time and I have to agree.

GTAV, loving this game as well. What's not to like about any of the GTA games?

GT6 is also another great game. The layout and what cars are available for the given race have been refined and well needed. Graphics are roughly the same and so is the game play, but theirs more tracks then ever and fun side races that break up the monotony.

Back