• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

BD Demo Material - Recommended Scenes

This may cost me my man-card, but the most visually stunning sequence I've seen on my LG LED tv is the opening sequence of Coraline, where "Mom" is sewing up the burlap doll. The burlap, the stuffing, even the steel needle just pop!

Sound, I got nuttin' :shhh:

Botch said:
Sound, I got nuttin' :shhh:

Well, wait... Inspired by Rope's timely "bump" (Har! I slay myself! :D ) may I present... Spinal Tap!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN42uzNFVmQ[/youtube]

How can I leave this behind?

Two new blu-rays I will add are Oblivion and G.I. Joe Retalliation. Oblivion PQ & SQ is just outstanding!

Thank you, Tee, for reviving this thread.

One of my reference scenes is Chapter 3 from 10,000 BC.

1404565h.jpg

Yes, it's a really bad movie overall but Chapter 3 alone is well worth its current $8 price and on par with Ch 4 from Master & Commander.

Almost 11 minutes into the movie, there is a Mastodon stampede. The LFEs are deep and guttural and the surround effects will leave you feeling these beasts just trampled through your room.

I avoid purchasing Blu-ray and have done for years. However, when Tee speaks, I listen...Oblivion is on its way.

Rope

Okay, PQ & AQ on the Oblivion BD are confirmed....I saw the movie in IMAX when it was first released. I wasn't blown away, but it certainly has its moments.

Too bad the movie Oblivion storyline sucked. One of the worst movies I've seen but will agree visually stunning. Sad that the story was so bad.

MatthewB said:
Too bad the movie Oblivion storyline sucked. One of the worst movies I've seen but will agree visually stunning. Sad that the story was so bad.

AMEN!

Rope

Just saw Oz the Great and Powerful although the movie wasnt great the visuals and bass scenes throughout the movie were awesome.

And yes I'd still tap Mila Kunis in the green makeup.

Orbison said:
For speaker and sub demos, check out "Warhorse". The artillery in the battle scenes is incredible!

Yes Sir........

I first experienced this at Johns GTG 1.5 years ago, MY PANTS ACTUALLY MOVED DURING THAT SCENE FROM HIS SUB..... :scared-yipes:

heeman said:
Orbison said:
For speaker and sub demos, check out "Warhorse". The artillery in the battle scenes is incredible!

Yes Sir........

I first experienced this at Johns GTG 1.5 years ago, MY PANTS ACTUALLY MOVED DURING THAT SCENE FROM HIS SUB..... :scared-yipes:

:text-tmi:

I agree w/ Warhorse and remember the funny looks I got when I put the disc in. Also, I was not in the room when Heeman's pants moved, I SWEAR!!

I'll throw out a quickie though: In "42", the first pitch that is thrown at Jackie's head where the ball is coming at you (quasi first person) between the sound and the picture, I did actually duck.

John

Back