• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Best Buy upgrade your DVD sale.

We've taken advantage of this many times. I really like the fact that it doesn't have to be the same title, too. Speaking of BB, did anybody grab their exclusive version of 300 which has the book, etc. for $9.99?

John

I have several titles I wouldn't mind trading but I'd like to at least rip them to my drive first using handbrake before they're gone for good...

Yes it is..........

We took advantage of it yesterday and got the following Blu Rays for $14.99:

Thor
Mission: Imposible Ghost Protocol
Star Trek 2009
Iron Man 2

:text-bravo:

Went last night to trade in some movies and holy smokes saw they finally released "Final Destination 2" on Blu. Been waiting years for this one just for the logging truck accident scene which I always used as a demo scene for awesome deep bass and surround sound. It was also 10.99 before the 5.00 trade in. Sweeeet.

Found another Bluray that I didn't know was out and once again I got the only copy at the store. "Manhunter" (no it's not what you think pervs) this movie was based on the first Hannibal Lector novel "Red Dragon" now they made "Red Dragon with Anthony Hopkins but that version sucked compared to the Michael Mann version of Manhunter. The guy who played Hannibal (British actor Brian Cox) was far more creepy than Anthony Hopkins ever was. Just an awesome movie and got it for 5.00 after trading in a movie. Movie also stars William Peterson (Grissom from CSI) as the cop searching for the serial killer and who originally caught Hannibal Lector but not before Hannibal drove him crazy and he had to retire from the police force before being called back to investigate the Tooth Fairy killings. One of Michael Mann's best movies but was done at the height of his Miani Vice filming days so you will see alot of influence of Miami Vice in this 80's movie. Only downside is the movie is not the Director's Cut which i decided to keep on regular DVD (instead of trading in) because the directors version of Manhunter goes far more into depth of the serial killer "Tooth Fairy" than the Theatrical version. Anyway if any of you are stuck on a movie to get for cheap and they have a copy in your store, I highly recommend "ManHunter".

41Q1WG689KL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

just a heads up, its that time of the year again, and the blu-ray upgrade sale is up again.

same old rules
1. dvds are originals
2. sell to get $5 coupon
3. apply 1 $5 coupon to any 9.99 and over blu-ray purchase
4. no music is accepted apparently.

hope y'all get on board...

jomari said:
just a heads up, its that time of the year again, and the blu-ray upgrade sale is up again.

same old rules
1. dvds are originals
2. sell to get $5 coupon
3. apply 1 $5 coupon to any 9.99 and over blu-ray purchase

hope y'all get on board...

Is there a limit on the number of DVDs you can turn in? Say if I have 40 I'd like to get rid of?

This weekend I traded in my LOTR trilogy set, and got Batman Begins, Clash of the Titans, and Phil Collins Live at Montreaux (which wouldn't ring up at the register, but for $18 worth getting anyway). I still have three DVDs to trade in, er, four now that the Peter Gabriel disc came out on Bluray, so "Ah'll be bahck..."{/Ahnold] :handgestures-thumbup:

jomari said:
Ah, that explains it (or does that mean they won't take in music DVDs? I have two copies of a Tangerine Dream set...)

mzpro5 said:
Is there a limit on the number of DVDs you can turn in? Say if I have 40 I'd like to get rid of?
The Sunday paper said "Limit 5 per day"; can you stand going to BB 8 times between now and mid-august? ;)

Botch said:
mzpro5 said:
The Sunday paper said "Limit 5 per day"; can you stand going to BB 8 times between now and mid-august? ;)

Yeah but it will be 7 more times than I've been there in the last couple years.

My BB lets me trade five per visit. So bring 15 movies walk in with five trade em then walk to the car grab five more and so on.

This ends by the way on august 4th, if im not mistaken.

I try to do 5 at a time because sometimes i have difficulty finding what blu-rays i would be willing to purchase with the $5 credit. sometimes its a pain to get rid of the coupons when you pretty have the ones you want.

Just a thought.

jomari said:
This ends by the way on august 4th, if im not mistaken.

I try to do 5 at a time because sometimes i have difficulty finding what blu-rays i would be willing to purchase with the $5 credit. sometimes its a pain to get rid of the coupons when you pretty have the ones you want.

Just a thought.
My enthusiasm went way down when I learned the $5 credit isn't good towards Bluray concerts.... :angry-tappingfoot:

Went this morning. Bats gave me a ton of HD-DVD's so traded in five of the DVD's for some Blurays. One of them is a great German subtitled movie called "The Conterfeiters" and "Columbiana" along with three others.

So you UPGRADED from HD-DVD to Blu-ray, right? Just want to make this point clear.

John

No I had the DVDs then Bats gave me the HD-DVDs of the same movies so took those DVDs I had and traded them for Blurays I didn't own in any format. Must give a shout out to Bats who also gave me a handful of Blurays also. One of the cool things about the GTGs is the members who are willing to trade or just plain give you music and movies. I am always amazed at the genorosity at these GTGs.

Just a heads up the trade in sale is on again starting today at Best Buy 4/21 - 5/11/2013

Back