• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Best iPad home theater apps

The link is a six year old product that has long since been replaced by the Harmony Hub. The Hub can control more than just IR devices, so it is a lot more useful these days. I have one. The Android and iOS apps are not bad, though I still prefer my Ultimate One remote.

The link is a six year old product that has long since been replaced by the Harmony Hub. The Hub can control more than just IR devices, so it is a lot more useful these days. I have one. The Android and iOS apps are not bad, though I still prefer my Ultimate One remote.
I had a little time to kill this morning as Walmart was installing a new battery in my suburban, and spent the time in the electronics section and saw that they had the hub. I hadn't heard much about it, but when my One finally dies, that may be something I look at. I always have my droid with me, but I'm not sure if I want to use it as a remote, mainly because I would have to look at every time I wanted to change something.

So?
I don't think that most customer expect that a working product be bricked because another model is available. I think they understand and accept that legacy products not be updated or supported but to have them bricked is another thing entirely.

So?
I don't think that most customer expect that a working product be bricked because another model is available. I think they understand and accept that legacy products not be updated or supported but to have them bricked is another thing entirely.

I don't disagree. I was responding to an earlier post in which someone was looking for a Link. The bricking is a dick move. If they have a technology problem (i.e. expiring licensing), they should make it right with their customers. At minimum, they should give them a hefty discount on a replacement.

I had a little time to kill this morning as Walmart was installing a new battery in my suburban, and spent the time in the electronics section and saw that they had the hub. I hadn't heard much about it, but when my One finally dies, that may be something I look at. I always have my droid with me, but I'm not sure if I want to use it as a remote, mainly because I would have to look at every time I wanted to change something.

The Hub is cool because you don't need line of sight, it supports IR emitters and it also works with Bluetooth and network controlled gear. The mobile apps are great if you can't find your remote or the batteries are dead, but I don't really use them much.

I don't disagree. I was responding to an earlier post in which someone was looking for a Link. The bricking is a dick move. If they have a technology problem (i.e. expiring licensing), they should make it right with their customers. At minimum, they should give them a hefty discount on a replacement.

They’re offing a 35% discount on a new Hub.

Harmony is a lot easier to set up than remotes from URC, but it is still not perfect and takes some trial and error on the more complex configurations (such as my two-zone setup). I have network controllable components that the Hub is controlling via IR, but I have no idea why. The Hub also needs to be rebooted occasionally. Harmony is not perfect. It is just the best affordable option.

Back