• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Best soundbar?

Razz

I know this is not the best sound..
But it's thee best option for a gift for my parents this Christmas.

Please input.

.. a little more info.

This will be hooked directly to the TV or cable box digital out.

Their current TV sits snugly in a wall unit. The TV speakers get "echoed" inside the wall unit and they just complained about how hard it is to hear voices sometimes. There is no room for a set of speakers and they do not have a receiver. Any soundbar will sit nicely infront of the TV. The TV is the center of a wall, square room about 20x20. There is room for an attaching "bass module" in one of the cabinets.

I finished Sound + Vision, November issue, a couple days ago and they did a review of the GoldenEar SuperCinema, and highly recommended it. Seems to me they just did a "shootout" recently too, let me know if the SC is out of your pricerange.

Botch said:
I finished Sound + Vision, November issue, a couple days ago and they did a review of the GoldenEar SuperCinema, and highly recommended it. Seems to me they just did a "shootout" recently too, let me know if the SC is out of your pricerange.

My dealer carries Golden Ear (I have a pair of Aon 2s) and I should be heading out there on Saturday so I'll try to listen to a soundbar if there's one set up. Will let you know...

Botch said:

THIS!

Rope

Thx guys!

Looking forward to what you think Cmonster.

I remember S&V doing a round up but I don't have that issue, anyone still have it?

Wow. That would be considered to be "The best soundbar" what a neat sub! I would love to check one of those out.

CMonster said:
Hmm, looks like the GoldenEar soundbar requires external amplification...

Yeah,
and I would like to keep it in the sub $500 catagory. (my parents just need to be able to hear voices better)

When I bought the little panasonic lcd for the boudoir I got a Phillips soundbar (Model CSS2123B/F7) to go with it. Less then $150. Worked very well,imho. Deal breaker for my however, I could not program my remote to recognize it. The KISS principle is firmly in place whenever my wife is near electronics , so it had to go back!!
Good Luck,
Mike

considered computer speakers? just a thought friend. you can always use a 3.5 headphone jack to RCA if needed. or the other way around.

soundbars, i prefer yamahas but have heard vizio does a good job considering.

Somewhere (?) I read some good things said about Paradigm's soundbar.
Don't recall the price either, but it may in your range . . . .

0027.gif

I've never heard good speakers from companies that aren't speaker companies. Boston Acoustics, Polk, Yamaha are probably the best low cost options.

Back