• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Beth Hart

:laughing:

It was AWESOME. Nice venue, not as small as I though, but still a sit-down dinner followed by the show. Excellent sound system. We got in line for seating relatively early and were able to find a spot right near stage right; we were sitting maybe 20' from Beth's keyboard. The kids had a total blast especially on the songs they know well - like Bang Bang Boom Boom and Ugliest House on the Block. Spirit of God and I'd rather go Blind were amazing to hear live. I admit I don't normally pay a lot of attention to vocalists, I'm more of an instrumental person, but Beth is gotta be one of the best out there. And apparently she had bronchitis! Wow, could never have told that from her singing, she didn't hold back at all. The audience was good and the whole band seemed to be having a good time. Total set was probably 1.75 hours or so with a couple encores of just Beth singing with her piano.

I'll try to post some pics in a bit, all I could use was my little canon elph in no-flash mode, so the pics are gonna be crappy.

IMG_7328-XL.jpg

IMG_7365-XL.jpg

IMG_7369-XL.jpg

IMG_7381-XL.jpg

Ok blurry but kinda cool in an artistic way...

IMG_7382-XL.jpg

IMG_7385-XL.jpg

IMG_7387-XL.jpg

IMG_7392-XL.jpg

Awesome, glad you guys had a great time, what an experience for your little girls!!!

What is this, your 3rd or 4th concert??? You have a lot of catching up to do!!

Ha! Indeed... working on it. Joe next week!

PaulyT said:
Ha! Indeed... working on it. Joe next week!

:text-bravo: Just don't bring him anything this time, he may begin to think that you are a Stalker or some crazy scientist.......

Who me? nah... I was hoping to get my Don't Explain cd cover signed by both Beth and Joe, which would've been truly awesome, but since she was sick she wasn't signing autographs at all last night. Oh well.

Good for you Pauly. I can't view the photos at work, I'll check them out at home.

Just wanted to mention the I received an e-mail forom Amazon, last night.

Comimg May 21st!

51MzhaygE2L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I'm going to hold out for the CD/DVD package. Not much video, though.

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/118413/Beth-Hart-and-Joe-Bonamassa-to-Release-New-Album-Seesaw

Deluxe CD+DVD Tracklist
1.) Them There Eyes
2.) Close To My Fire
3.) Nutbush City Limits
4.) I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know
5.) Can't Let Go
6.) Miss Lady
7.) If I Tell You I Love You
8.) Rhymes
9.) A Sunday Kind of Love
10.) Seesaw
11.) Strange Fruit
DVD-Tracklist

48 minutes Making Of footage with exclusive interviews
3 studio music videos-Nutbush City Limits, Rhymes, Strange Fruit
Double Vinyl Tracklist

Side A: Track 1-5
Side B: Track 6-11

^--- yup! Preordered... looking forward to it a lot.

The OPL has pre-ordered 5 copies. I'm number 30 on the hold list. Ever since PaulyT introduced me to the first Beth and Banana pairing I've been looking forward to hearing more.

Jeff

seesaw.JPg

Finally got my copy, apparently the first one they shipped got lost... I'm listening to it now. I like it! It seems to be a very different album from Don't Explain, different groove to it. Good stuff though so far. And I'm pleased to see they did another Melody Gardot cover, probably my favorite song off of Melody's latest album - If I Tell You I Love You.

Will listen to the album a few more times at least, to try to get a better feel for what they're doing with this one. But I'm enjoying it! Some cool sax chorus stuff on several songs.

1429519504_beth-hart-better-than-home-deluxe-edition-2015-flac-image-.cue.jpg

New Beth album (Better Than Home)... on my third listen now. I like it very much. It's quite different from her previous solo album (Bang Bang Boom Boom). It's more ... introspective, internal, contemplative... not sure what the right word is. But it seems very personal to her, like she's singing more for herself than for her audience. I don't know how else to describe it. The songwriting and performances by all the musicians are terrific; though if anything, the band is a little understated, putting the emphasis squarely on Beth's vocals.

Anyway, I definitely recommend it.

I'm on my first way through Better than Home and agree it is different, in a good way.

thumbs up from me also.

Back