• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Better Call Saul

mcad64

For those interested, tonight is the series premiere of "Better Call Saul". This is from Vince Gilligan, the same man who gave us "Breaking Bad". It is on at 10pm Eastern on AMC in my neck of the woods. They are referring to it as a prequel to Breaking Bad.
Mike

Loved Saul... His character was one thing that kept that show interesting.

Thanks for the reminder. I'm out of town but I logged into my DVR and set it to record the series!

I watched the first couple of episodes and I was hooked. One of my favorite shows on TV. I didn't realize that some of the characters (Mike and Tuco for example) were also on Breaking Bad as I had never watched that show. I watched about three episodes of Saul, before going back and watching Breaking Bad and finishing it just last week. I think Mike Ehrmantraut, along with Saul of course, are my two favorite characters from both of these shows.

Loved the scene in Saul where Mike and one of the two other guys are waiting in the parking garage arguing about not bringing a gun. Jonathan Banks is great in this show!

Been watching since the premier. I wish sometimes that they'd pick up the pace but I'm a fan. I didn't realize we're through the first season already.

I think next Monday is the last episode. I am really enjoying it. Definitely not the same as Breaking Bad, where you could be humming along quietly and then there would be an eruption of violence. Nothing like that here...yet!!!
Mike

We're enjoying the show. Unfortunately, we're usually a couple days behind on watching it (still haven't seen the one from Monday, will likely do that tonight). It's fun- doesn't have the thrills of Breaking Bad, but it is pleasing on an intellectual level.

I get the feeling it will really pick up once Jimmy breaks from his brother and teams up more with Mike.

IIRC Breaking Bad took a season to really get going too. I saw the last episode and can't wait for the season finale. That said I expect the cliff-hanger to drive me crazy for a few weeks.

Towen7 said:
IIRC Breaking Bad took a season to really get going too. I saw the last episode and can't wait for the season finale. That said I expect the cliff-hanger to drive me crazy for a few weeks.

Didn't Walt strangle a guy in the first season, and Jessie dissolve a dead guy in acid in his tub? I wouldn't call that slow!! :scared-yipes: I think part of it is the nature of the subject matter. A show about guys cooking meth is going to be inherently more violent..at least one would think? I'm sure Saul and Mike will get into some interesting situations in the coming season(s).

mcad64 said:
Towen7 said:

Didn't Walt strangle a guy in the first season, and Jessie dissolve a dead guy in acid in his tub? I wouldn't call that slow!! :scared-yipes: I think part of it is the nature of the subject matter. A show about guys cooking meth is going to be inherently more violent..at least one would think? I'm sure Saul and Mike will get into some interesting situations in the coming season(s).

While I've only watched a few episodes from the first season, yes Walt strangled a guy and then Jessie disposed him in acid. It's a great show, and I wish I had started watching it when it first aired.

Bob Odenkirk(sp) has been in a bunch of stuff and is really talented. I can't remember the name of it, but he and the guy named Tobias used to have a late night show that was really funny. Something Mr. Show or like that.

:D
Huey said:
mcad64 said:
Towen7 said:

While I've only watched a few episodes from the first season, yes Walt strangled a guy and then Jessie disposed him in acid. It's a great show, and I wish I had started watching it when it first aired.

Bob Odenkirk(sp) has been in a bunch of stuff and is really talented. I can't remember the name of it, but he and the guy named Tobias used to have a late night show that was really funny. Something Mr. Show or like that.

Wait...hold the phone Huey!! Are you saying you only watched a few episodes from the first season and that is it? Or are you saying you watched a few episodes from the first season and then watched the rest of the series faithfully? Tell me it is the latter rather than the former or you are dead to me!!! :angry-tappingfoot: :teasing-neener:

mcad64 said:
Towen7 said:

Didn't Walt strangle a guy in the first season, and Jessie dissolve a dead guy in acid in his tub? I wouldn't call that slow!! :scared-yipes:

It took five or six episodes before that happened. I think there were all of two deaths in season one ... which was seven or eight episodes.

Towen7 said:
It took five or six episodes before that happened. I think there were all of two deaths in season one ... which was seven or eight episodes.
That happened in the second episode.

Yeah, I thought BB started out of the gate a little faster, but the show was about two guys making meth. I think Saul is starting out where Jimmy is trying to stay straight and make his brother proud so it's going to be a bit slower. I think that Chuck and Jimmy's relationship is beginning to end.

SPOILER!!!

I have a feeling that Jimmy will start breaking knowing his brother still sees him as "Slippin' Jimmy", especially after returning his cut back to the Ketterman's money stash.

Sorry Mcad, I think it's a great show, just have never found the time to sit down and watch the entire series. Maybe one of these days I'll sit down and watch them all.

Yesfan70 said:
Yeah, I thought BB started out of the gate a little faster, but the show was about two guys making meth. I think Saul is starting out where Jimmy is trying to stay straight and make his brother proud so it's going to be a bit slower. I think that Chuck and Jimmy's relationship is beginning to end.

SPOILER!!!

I have a feeling that Jimmy will start breaking knowing his brother still sees him as "Slippin' Jimmy", especially after returning his cut back to the Ketterman's money stash.

Agreed. Not so much because of losing his cut of the stash (the HHM cash more than makes up for it), but because he's running out of places to turn to make a living. Chuck torpedoed any chance at HHM, his elder law practice is stopped cold, and his association with Mike is likely to end up having Jimmy work with unsavory characters.

Anyone catch the Season 2 finale? I think ole Slippin' Jimmy is screwed!! Big brother Chuck is going to screw him over...at least that's my opinion!!
Mike

mcad64 said:
Anyone catch the Season 2 finale? I think ole Slippin' Jimmy is screwed!! Big brother Chuck is going to screw him over...at least that's my opinion!!
Mike

I think you're right. He has what he needs to destroy his brother. I think we finally found what is going to run Kim off and cause Jimmy's transformation into Saul Goodman. My guess is that this will also end up explaining why we never meet Chuck in Breaking Bad.

Towen7 said:
I agree. My bet is that Jimmy gets disbarred.

Yes, I think so. However, I am trying to remember , did Jimmy (Saul) not ever represent a client in court in Breaking Bad? I thought he was present in the police station a few times during interviews? How could he do that if he had been disbarred? Just curious??!!
Mike

I'm guessing that is why he changed his name from Jimmy McGill to Saul Goodman.

Remember the opening scene of season 1... where Jimmy/Saul was working at Cinebon.

I also suspect that Pam ends up in trouble or loosing her license as collateral damage.

Back