• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Beyerdynamic T1

PaulyT said:
Well clearly then it's just because you're using Apple equipment. :eek:bscene-buttred:

I have a little portable CD player with coax digital output, I'll give it a try.

Don't ba a hater, lol. I actually really like the iPod touch as the user interface is easy enough and comparability is good. What would you consider a better option?

For portable players, don't know. Would need to have one that can do lossless digital output. I was thinking about trying an iBasso at one point (with IEMs when commuting), but I don't know if they have digital outputs.

walls said:
My only real complaint as well is long term comfort. Overall do you think they are worth the price tag though?

Yes. Don't know if they'd be worth the original ~$1200 manufacturer's price or whatever it was originally, but now that you can get them for $700 or less, I'd say they're quite worth it. I'll be keeping them.

Yeah me too, really want to hear your impressions of the HD800's. Have a feeling you may feel the same as I do about them.

Ok, well I think I'm ready to do some tests with the HD800 and bifrost, when you're ready to send them out.

walls said:
I use apple lossless for my iPod and while they claim it's identical to the CD it's recorded from I still get much improved sound quality when I go right from my CD players optical out to the Bifrost then the amp.
And I don't believe that the Ipure is degrading the sound at all since all I am using it for is a way to pass the digital signal to my Bifrost.

Are you sure the files are being copied to your iPod in lossless? I think the default setting in iTunes is to down-convert when copying...

PaulyT said:
For portable players, don't know. Would need to have one that can do lossless digital output. I was thinking about trying an iBasso at one point (with IEMs when commuting), but I don't know if they have digital outputs.

Ok, it does, this is the one I was considering:

:text-link:

LL

Back