• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

BLUES Music

51KG4HzHOUL._SS500_.jpg

I first heard Carolyn about a month ago.

She's a real deal talent with an impressive voice.

, :handgestures-thumbup: ., .,, :handgestures-thumbup:

topper said:
She's a real deal talent with an impressive voice.
Agreed!

In my opinion, Peace Meal is the better album but if you don't already have it, check out Miss Understood. If you're a fan of Carolyn's, you should like it too.

Pat Travers.......

Fall to Pieces

I remembered this song title this morning but for the life of me I couldn't recall how it went! I knew that I always liked this tune and after I had a listen I had to agree with myself. Today's "Rx" is from the "Blues Magnet" CD that I did back in '94. That's the incredible Aynsley Dunbar on drums. He's like "butter' to play with. Smooth. Anyway check this song out. K? The "Musical Rx" is Pat Travers...."Fall To Pieces"! Cheers, PT

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99m6yW7x26A[/youtube]

Randy said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HObIj8QoqIg[/youtube]

BTW, my legal disclaimer is this, when I said we are buddies, I should have said aquaintances I guess. Steve played at my bar several times and we have hungout on a number of occasions. I have probably seen him play 75 times. Every time I see him though, he makes me feel as if we are friends. I kinda get the feeling he does that with everyone. A TOTAL CLASS ACT.

I'd say that makes you friends!! This is some REALLY GOOD music!!!! I love this kind of blues.

heeman said:
Pat Travers.......

Fall to Pieces

I remembered this song title this morning but for the life of me I couldn't recall how it went! I knew that I always liked this tune and after I had a listen I had to agree with myself. Today's "Rx" is from the "Blues Magnet" CD that I did back in '94. That's the incredible Aynsley Dunbar on drums. He's like "butter' to play with. Smooth. Anyway check this song out. K? The "Musical Rx" is Pat Travers...."Fall To Pieces"! Cheers, PT

That's a great song! I've ordered the album.

- from (another) PT

Randy said:
Here is one for you. This is The Steve Pecaro Band from St. Louis, MO. Steve is a buddy of mine and one hell of a blues guitarist. Steve is a gentle giant. A really big man with a huge heart, I will save that story for another time. He has these riddiculous baseball glove sized hands and he absolutely wails on the guitar. His bass player Craig West, is absolutely one of my favorite bass players. He is riddiculously solid and just lays down these grooves that girls can't not shake their butts to. Craig played with 10,000 Maniacs at one time, and there former drummer Kevin Saunders was from Mama's Pride.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HObIj8QoqIg[/youtube]

Craig is definitely a solid bass player! GOOD STUFF!!
I sang back-up vocals for 10,000 Maniacs, sporadically, from 2005-2007. I even made it onto their Live 25 - 25th Anniversary album! (I got the gig because I was sleeping with the sound guy. My husband has been their Front-of-House Sound Engineer since 2002.) THEY ARE ALL TERRIFIC PEOPLE and solid fantastic close friends now.
Sadly, Randy, neither your acquaintance Craig West nor I made it to their Wikipedia write up. :(

PaulyT said:
heeman said:
Pat Travers.......

Fall to Pieces

That's a great song! I've ordered the album.

- from (another) PT

:handgestures-thumbup:

61RD%2BUfJi8L._SS500_.jpg

Robert Cray's latest... good stuff! Kinda of a mellow blues and soul feel to it. Good guitar work. Produced/recorded/mixed by Kevin Shirley. I'm not the biggest Cray fan in the world, but I think I like this one more than any of his other albums that I have (which is 3 or 4 of them).

PaulyT said:
61RD%2BUfJi8L._SS500_.jpg

Robert Cray's latest... good stuff! Kinda of a mellow blues and soul feel to it. Good guitar work. Produced/recorded/mixed by Kevin Shirley. I'm not the biggest Cray fan in the world, but I think I like this one more than any of his other albums that I have (which is 3 or 4 of them).

Thanks for posting Paul, I was not aware that he has a new one!

If you have not heard this one, I recommend it:

$4.99

51FCEdpV2eL._SS500_.jpg

51QXZcPZjAL._SS500_.jpg

Her first album in six years . . .

Bonnie still sounds great, and plays some nice riffs on the slide guitar.
A couple too many slow songs for my liking, but the others more than make up for it.

If you're a Bonnie Raitt fan pick this one up . . . ., but would appeal even to casual blues
fans, I think.

mzpro5 said:
Anyone that wants a comprehensive sample/collection of blues music needs to pick these up.

Evidence Blues Samplers

I have had all six for quite a while and still listen to them frequently.
Thanks for the word on this series, mz.
I've added it to my Wanted List.

About 10 yrs ago, at least, the House Of Blues had a series called "Essential Blues" ....
Essential Blues Harmonica, Essential Blues Guitar, etc, etc.
Don't know if they're even still available today.

I bought 'harmonica' and 'guitar' (two of about 5 or 6)
Really good stuff, and I too still listen to them.

**** love seeing this thread staying active!

"Blak and Blu" by Gary Clark, Jr
[13 songs ---- 76 minutes]

:twocents-mytwocents:
Don't know about his other discs out there, but this one sucks.
Electric blues it ain't! -- (screamin' rock n roll at best)

With a 5 star rating being the best, I'd give this one a 2 1/2

big disappointment on this purchase . . . .
I read a quote by somebody posing the question, "the next Jimi Hendrix?"
Man, that guy must've been drunk out of his mind

Sorry it was a bust...

Meanwhile, I've been enjoying this one a lot, definitely is blues; may have to get some more of Trout's stuff.

7949dc6d69fdeb940e171fcc131b15d9.jpg

51mbYVyQ6OL.jpg

51hlQOTPfIL.jpg

(2010)

1. Somehow, Somewhere, Someway
2. King's Highway
3. True Lies
4. Deja Voodoo
5. Sell My Monkey
6. Dance For Me Girl
7. Baby Don't Say That No More
8. Eye To Eye
9. How Many More Years
10. Sick and Tired
11. Feed Me
12. Rocking Daddy
13. Blue On Black
14. I'm A King Bee

from a review ~
"Four Grammy nominations, two Billboard Music Awards and millions of albums later, life came full circle when Shepherd and his band assembled several generations worth of blues legends, including Lee, at the House Of Blues in Chicago, captured for posterity on the brand new 'Live In Chicago' album."

~ ~ :handgestures-thumbup: ~
0024.gif

Back