• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Bose Panaray

Rope said:
Bass modules were really kool, until they invented subwoofers.

Rope

.........and main speakers that can play below 280Hz and had the proper binding posts.

For anyone who hasn't read the linked article, it's an eye-opener. Dollars to doughnuts, the author has received - at a minimum - a letter from a Bose attorney.

:text-link:

Zing said:
For anyone who hasn't read the linked article, it's an eye-opener. Dollars to doughnuts, the author has received - at a minimum - a letter from a Bose attorney.

:text-link:

For real? That is a very old article....older than when I first registered on S&V. I really don't see how any legal action could be taken with it being up that long. The only thing posted against Bose, except his opinions, are the facts.

SATELLITES
Frequency Response 280 Hz to 13.3k Hz at�10.5dB

BASS MODULE
46Hz to 202Hz at �2.3 dB

Sensitivity (SPL at 1 meter)* 85.1 dB N/A
Impedance (minimum/nominal)5.3/8 ohms N/A

Bass Limits (-3/-6 dB)
Satellites 280/220 Hz
Bass Module 46/40 Hz

:laughing:

I didn't say when and I certainly didn't say recently but Bose has a track record for taking legal recourse against those who speak out publicly against them. There are precedents. Bose has more attorneys than engineers and they've got a lot of engineers.

Zing said:
I didn't say when and I certainly didn't say recently but Bose has a track record for taking legal recourse against those who speak out publicly against them. There are precedents. Bose has more attorneys than engineers and they've got a lot of engineers.

No argument here. I thought the attorney comment was something that happened just recently.

BTW...I wasn't doubting you or anything, just wondering how the attorneys could do anything legally. Sorry for the "kill the messenger" tone in my post.

The attorneys probably never actually listened to the stuff. Probably just said "pay me enough and I'll defend your AcoustimEss.

Back