• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Bought a Roku...............

All you have to do is install the Plex Media Server on a computer running Windows, OSX or Linux and set it up. It works much the same way that the Squeezebox server does, but also allows you to stream photos and video content. Roku will play back mkv and mp4 video content with audio encoded in AC3 or AAC. The Roku 3 also supports DTS. Plex is also a DLNA server, so it will work with the PS3, XBox 360 and a wide range of networked receivers, Blu-Ray players and smart TVs. There are also Plex clients for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Windows 8, OSX and Linux, as well as a pretty nice web client. You can even access your Plex content outside of your home and share access to your Plex server with other Plex users.

Haywood could Plex be configured to playback movies in an iTunes library on an xbox one?

Batman said:
Haywood could Plex be configured to playback movies in an iTunes library on an xbox one?

If the movies are not DRM encoded, then yes. You would simply add the applicable iTunes directory to your movies section. This is assuming that the XBox One still supports DLNA.

Haywood said:
This is assuming that the XBox One still supports DLNA.
I have the xb1 and it does support DLNA but only as a play to receiver right now. So you have to push your media from your PC or other devices. You can't browse your local media directly from the xb1 yet. Hopefully they fix that soon.

Back