• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

British Television Police / Crime Dramas

• Thread starter Deleted member 133
  • Start date
Gen and I just watched Marcella - all eight episodes on Netflix. I found it to be engrossing and very well acted, however, while the season ending episode had a proper tying-up of the main plot thread, there were far too many unresolved minor plot threads - something NOT typical of most British police crime dramas. This left me with a definite feeling of lunch bag letdown. I can't see how a second season could resurrect any of those minor threads and make them the central one upon which to carry a season, so the lack of resolution is even more puzzling. Perhaps just lazy writing!

I have all three seasons of Peaky Blinders in the can ready for viewing, although I've got Jack Irish to finish first, as well as the most recent season of Line of Duty.

Jeff

Rainy afternoon so I watched "Dead Point" - the third of the Jack Irish telemovies.

Very gritty!

What I have liked the most about this series so far are the minor / secondary plot lines and the characters within. Jack's horse racing scammer friends' (Harry and Cam) travails are easily as entertaining as the main plot.

Season one of the TV series is next up.

Jeff

Finished Season One of Jack Irish (TV Series.) Highly entertaining! They run two major (connected) plotlines at the same time - and a minor one about a horse (natch!)

Oh and by the by... I really shouldn't be talking about this one under "British" TV given that it's Australian. Apologies to the Aussies out there.

Just started Series 3 of Line of Duty (2016). Gonna have to force myself not to binge watch this one as well!

Jeff

Series 3 of Line of Duty was excellent. It tied off quite a number of plot threads from previous episodes. Highly recommend the entire show.

Started the first Inspector Lewis series. Now have all nine (9) series on DVD so this should last a while! Good so far.

I might alternate between episodes of Lewis and Stan Lee's Lucky Man - of which I now have all of the first series episodes in hand.

New episodes of DCI Banks are just coming available and latest season of The Brokenwood Mysteries is expected before the end of the year as well.

Pretty well set for the next few months!

Jeff

Season Four of Sherlock premiered last evening. Quite the ride! Looking forward to the next two episodes in a week and two.

Jeff

The first two episodes of Series 3 of Broadchurch have been very compelling viewing (and very moving). Won't post any spoilers but I'm glad that so many of the previous series' characters are back and we get to see how they are getting on (or not) with their lives.

Back