• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Buying used cds....a first time occurance!!!

mcad64

I often troll the Thrift store and a bricks and mortar that sells used cds. I found this disc.
Always_Got_Tonight_-_Chris_Isaak.jpg

The disc itself is definitely Chris Isaak as it is written on the disc.
Instead I got this :
MI0001035673.jpg

Leona Boyd "Whispers of Love" How is that even possible? At first I thought someone just erased the Chris Isaak and ripped Leona Boyd to it. But these aren't rewriteable disks, right?
Anyone else ever have this happen??
Mike

Last edited:
That is strange indeed. Is it a full on printed disc like you would get new from the Record Company.

I used to buy used all the time. There was a used record/CD store not a mile from my house. I never had a bad experience.

I used to buy a bunch of cd's from the Salvation Army. Only problem I ever had was no disc actually being in there, so I would always check before buying. Strange that happened to you. Nice choice on the CD Mcad. Chris Isaak is so much more than the Wicked Games song he is known for.

That is strange indeed. Is it a full on printed disc like you would get new from the Record Company.

I used to buy used all the time. There was a used record/CD store not a mile from my house. I never had a bad experience.
Randy,
I hunted and finally found the disk image.

always-got-tonight-5af3ebbc0df53.png

Back in the day some of the CD of the month clubs (like Columbia House) would accidentally screw up their budget manufacturing and mis-label a run of Discs. Sometimes those were shipped to customers before they realized their mistake and sometimes the customers didn't return them. Check the fine print and see if the disc is a Columbia House or BMG pressing.

Back in the day some of the CD of the month clubs (like Columbia House) would accidentally screw up their budget manufacturing and mis-label a run of Discs. Sometimes those were shipped to customers before they realized their mistake and sometimes the customers didn't return them. Check the fine print and see if the disc is a Columbia House or BMG pressing.
Reprise Records. Warner Music Canada

Back