• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Cable TV (Time Warner) ?

Barney

Longhorns, Cowboys, Spurs, & Rangers...love Texas
As most of ya'll know, I don't get Pay-For-TV...meaning, I don't pay anyone for my TV programming. I have used ant for over 8 years now. Here lately (I do use Tome Warner for my Internet & digital phone) I see emails from Time Warner about issues with their contracts with programming etc ( ABC/ESP/Disney etc). They always want their customers to contact the provider to keep the program. But later, the contract is "extended`". My friends have noticed after these "contract extensions" that there is changes in channels quality etc.
Just the last two days on one of my local channels, the channel has an adstating that Time Warner doesn't want to pay more to carry their local channel & give options on continue watching their channel (D*, ant, DISH, etc).
I really think that Cable TV is a rip-off. Their Ads are anti AT&T , DSS, etc. But if you can get a chance to go by the Cable Provider's main operation........guess what you will see.............lots of C-band dishes...........so why do they say if you have DSS your signal will drop-off with just a change in the weather etc, when what they get is from........a SAT !

The satellite receivers used by CATV providers for their feeds are an entirely different animal than the one's used by D* and E* consumers.

Towen7 said:
The satellite receivers used by CATV providers for their feeds are an entirely different animal than the one's used by D* and E* consumers.
D* and E* mean...???

Has this been puzzling you for three and a half months?!?!

E* = Echostar (Dish)
D* = DirecTV

Towen7 said:
Has this been puzzling you for three and a half months?!?!
Not at all. In fact, I just noticed this thread when I came here to post about about the impending service shutoff at midnight tonight that will affect 8 million TW customers. When I saw the title of this thread, I thought I'd check to see if it was related to the same topic I was about to post.

I started thinking the D stood for Dish Network, but then couldn't figure out what the E was. And why aren't we just spelling the word out?

Botch said:
And why aren't we just spelling the word out?
I think he's just trying to show off his mad skillz at pressing Shift-8. :teasing-tease:

Crap even my idiot brain knew that E* was Echostar, geez guys it hasnt been that long ago.

Back