• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Calibrate Plasma TV

Snake Doctor

In haven't changed the settings on my plasma in years and I have noticed the picture isn't a crisp or bright as it once was. The cd I used in the past has disappeared, vanished, is in hiding so I need to find a replacement. What would you suggest I use to calibrate the TV?

I think the standard recommendations still apply: Spears and Munsil calibration disc or Digital Video Essentials. Both are available on Amazon for $30

The Disney WOW disk is pretty good as a tool for calibrating your TV. In a pinch though, some of the Pixar disks have calibration tools as well.

The Disney WOW disk is pretty good as a tool for calibrating your TV. In a pinch though, some of the Pixar disks have calibration tools as well.

Agree… I didn’t list that as it’s not widely available at retail anymore.

There's even a halfway decent THX app for iOS that has a calibration tool on it. It's what I use now.

I didn't know that the Disney Wow disk wasn't available anymore. That's too bad, as it's a pretty straight forward calibration disk.

I think the standard recommendations still apply: Spears and Munsil calibration disc or Digital Video Essentials. Both are available on Amazon for $30

Is one better than the other? A few years ago I bought a CD that was suppose to be great, it turned out to be basically a commercial with little or no help at all. A couple of months ago I ran across it while looking for the "good" one and tossed it out. Why do I keep things that have no value what-so-ever?

Is one better than the other? A few years ago I bought a CD that was suppose to be great, it turned out to be basically a commercial with little or no help at all. A couple of months ago I ran across it while looking for the "good" one and tossed it out. Why do I keep things that have no value what-so-ever?

I’ve used the Digital Video Essentials one but my understanding is that the Spears and Munsil version goes a little deeper.

I am guessing the Disney WOW disk is strictly for calibration?
They do have some demo reels at the end, but yes, mostly for calibration, which goes from basic calibration to very in depth calibration, just depends on what you want to do.

Back