• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Can you even buy a print copy of Sound & Vision magazine?

• Thread starter Deleted member 133
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 133

I know they have a web presence, but for at least the last year I no longer see copies of S&V magazine in ANY store's magazine section. Not in any drug store. Not in any grocery store. Not in any book store. Not in any corner store. Not in any large "department" store. Nowhere. They've simply vanished from all of the spaces that I used to see it. They seem to have abandoned Canada - or at least my corner of it.

Is it the same for the rest of you folks in your home markets?

Just curious.

Jeff

Re: Can you even buy a print copy of Sound & Vision magazine

I don't know about in the "stores", but I get a copy in my mail box about once a month.

It keeps me up on what's new and has some decent reviews, but it is nothing special.

Dennie

Maybe the department that was once responsible for the forums is now responsible for the mag deliveries.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :laughing:

I'm still getting a subscription, haven't been to a newsstand in ages.

About the only time I check out a newsstand is if I'm killing time in an airport or something... and it's been a while since that's been the case.

I thought they acquired Home Theater Magazine or vice-versa, therefore consolidating all content under the Home Theater mag in print....

Batman said:
I thought they acquired Home Theater Magazine or vice-versa, therefore consolidating all content under the Home Theater mag in print....
Vice-versa; they're both under the S&V banner now. And getting thinner. Sad that a rag like Stereophile, which reviews ion-aligned, powered speaker cables, $13,000 for 3 meters (each), continues to publish a thick tome each month. :angry-banghead:

I get the magazine mailed to me. I find it amusing how they have turned to the "how it sounds" school of reviewing, although with some measurements. This is pretty much what Stereophile does, but their listening review of course is more in outer space territory. However Stereophile does have more intensive measurements.

I read Sound & Vision at night when I go to bed. Puts me to sleep REAL fast!

rammisframmis said:
However Stereophile does have more intensive measurements.

Guess I need to look again, I had the opposite impression. :think:

I am still receiving my subscription but I don't know for how much longer.

Julian Hirsch......God Bless him, but when he left.....it was all down hill.
I still wonder if some manufacture pressured S&V to force Julian to retire.
I pray he spent his last days with his family in happiness.

Back