• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Can't connect to squeezbox server

mcad64

After taking my gear apart and putting it back together one of my squeeezeboxes does not want to connect to my music server. It keeps saying no music server found. It can obtain an ip address so I assume the wifi is working properly (it is a wireless connection). But when I look on my router setup page it is not listed (ie. Upstairs squuezebox shows up , patio squeezebox shows up , downstairs squeezebox shows up , living room squeezebox is not listed by name but I see the IP address it was assigned. Tried release and renewing the IP addres. Tried shutting off router and turning back on. I'm confused!!!
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Mike

Could it be connected to a neighbor's unsecured wifi connection instead of your? I don't use a SqueezeBox so I'm not sure how you check the SSID of the connection.

Two things to check, if it's a duet, you may have to press the button on the front, and run through the setup again. The other thing I would check, is to make sure it is not trying to setup an ethernet connection. Other than that, I am at a loss.

Assuming have named all your squeezebox's, log in to mysqueezebox.com and verify recognition of all the SB names.

Every twice in awhile mysqueezebox.com will forget me SB's name. When I log in, it will say Oops, no player on record.

Rope

All this hassel makes me glad I use the iPad and the Remote app

Thats cool... But it don't help if you cant get the damned thing connected.

P.S.
I'm just bustin balls.

I know it's on my network because when it asks what I want to connect to I use my home network name. I know it is a wireless connection because I choose wireless when it asked if you want wireless or ethernet connection. I went to my squeezebox and it shows all my players. For some bizarre reason it just can't seem to find my music server. Maybe for kicks tomorrow I will swap squeezeboxes, though I don't see why that would work? At least 3 out of 4 work, that ain't bad right??? :angry-banghead:

mcad64 said:
I know it's on my network because when it asks what I want to connect to I use my home network name. I know it is a wireless connection because I choose wireless when it asked if you want wireless or ethernet connection. I went to my squeezebox and it shows all my players. For some bizarre reason it just can't seem to find my music server. Maybe for kicks tomorrow I will swap squeezeboxes, though I don't see why that would work? At least 3 out of 4 work, that ain't bad right??? :angry-banghead:

Delete it, then add again.

Which Squeezebox, Duet, Touch, Classic?

Rope said:

It is a classic. Delete it and add it where? I never actually use mysqueezebox.com??

mcad64 said:
Rope said:

It is a classic. Delete it and add it where? I never actually use mysqueezebox.com??

Do you need to be logged in online to squeezebox.com?

Go to mysqueezebox.com. Log in. Horizontal menu at top, select my player(s). Select the player that refuses to conform, disconnect, delete. Same exercise in reverse to add and connect the player to your media server.

Rope

Back