• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Captain America

SPOILERS.......SPOILERS............SPOILERS...............SPOILERS

Just got back from seeing this at a matinee and WOW what a kick ass movie. Great adaptation from the comic books.

I like they way they included "little things" like Cap putting his shield on the motorcycle, just like the comics. and they did include Bucky I even prefer it that he wasn't some teenage sidekick like in the old comics. And he died like in the comics though in the comics he was killed on a rocket.

And the Howling Commandos - will they get their own flick? But where was Sgt Nick Fury with the the HC? I mean it was originally Sgt. Nick Fury and the Howling Commandos.

Red Skull was great. And the fight scenes in the plane looked just like frames from a comic.

My only regret was that my Dad wasn't alive to see this. Capt. America was his favorite growing up in the '40s and he was the person that turned me on to Cap. He would have gone nuts over this film.

And on a side note The Avengers will be doing major filming in downtown Cleveland for the next several weeks. Might make a trip down there and see what I can see.

Thanks spoiler tag! :text-thankyoublue:

Glad you liked it. While not being a "Marvel Guy" I like to see movies w/i the genre do well or at least respect the character so I'm glad to see people familiar with Captain America giving it the thumbs up... :handgestures-thumbup:

mzpro5 said:
........and they did include Bucky I even prefer it that he wasn't some teenage sidekick like in the old comics. And he died like in the comics though in the comics he was killed on a rocket.

And the Howling Commandos - will they get their own flick? But where was Sgt Nick Fury with the the HC? I mean it was originally Sgt. Nick Fury and the Howling Commandos...........

Yeah, I really liked how they portrayed Bucky in the film. He does seem like the teenage sidekick from the cartoon and comics, but the movie pretty much had him as the "badass" until Steve took the Super Soldier Serum and as part of the Howling Commandoes later in the film. I also wondered where Sgt Fury was.

I also liked the guy that played Howard Stark. I thought he did that character well. Well enough to tell where Tony got his "playa skills" from.

I'm so looking forward to the Avengers.

I was both confused and amused by the inclusion of the Howling Commandos in this movie. Was there ever a connection to Captain America in any comics? Regardless, the movie actually jumped a notch in my books with the first appearance of Dum Dum Dugan - one of my favourite childhood cartoon characters.

Jeff

I saw Captain America with my work colleagues yesterday afternoon for our quarterly offsite team event. I really, really enjoyed it. While not a comic book afficianado, I have always loved the character most of all for his "do the right thing" and "personal sacrifice for the whole" mentality which makes the classic American way so special in the world. Loved it.

Back