• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Cassettes are Cool again.

Scott from Fu Manchu has a cassette deck in his El Camino. The final mix of their recordings has to sound good in his car before it gets his stamp of approval.

Back in the day, I should have had stock in TDK SA-90's...............I must have bought a thousand of them!

heeman said:
Back in the day, I should have had stock in TDK SA-90's...............I must have bought a thousand of them!

I'm the sole stockholder in Maxell.

Rope

I am sure that you older guys remember this one!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uv1PxInJnY[/youtube]

I have my old Marantz sd-6000 and sd-3000

http://www.audioclassica.de/de/marantz-sd6000

two speed normal and high, and all four tape types.

Dont forget that the errors and problems also live in the phono world also along with the reel to reel world. Maxell has some good tape along with the old TDK lines.

My reel to reel tape has Maxell, TDK, Scotch, BASF and memorex, they all made cassette tapes as well.

I sitll have both of my top end Tascam 122 MKIII studio / broadcast cassette decks. Until I get off my butt and transfer all of my old archives to digital, they will remain on my shelf doing nothing.

Still have my Sony WE8355 cassette deck, but I'm not sure why.
I, at most, use it twice a year but it remains in my rack. (once a year would be more realistic)

It's a good and capable deck but . . . I just cannot seem able to bring myself to part with it.
Have as well a cabinet of really good tapes, which, honestly, I know I'll never transfer to digital.

It just sits there, getting cleaned regularly with the other components . . . just never used.
I guess the old Sony will sit there taking up space until I one day weaken and do away with it.
:happy-smileygiantred: .... Even then I'll probably just move it upstairs.
[I'm seriously not right!]

i remember those days.

man, i even invested in some good 'metal' or 'chrome' tapes back then... id love to make a mixtape for some hot chick just to get her attention.

did anyone ever 'record' songs off the radio back then, and edit it so it would 'sound' like a true recording? edit meaning fade in and out. :happy-smileygiantred:

i hated it when my original tapes would get eaten by my friends cassette player in the car.

jomari said:
did anyone ever 'record' songs off the radio back then, and edit it so it would 'sound' like a true recording? edit meaning fade in and out. :happy-smileygiantred:

Another Smile! :) I used to stay up late on a weekend night, and listen to "Dr. Demento" and try to capture the songs I wanted, various "countdowns" too. My fades almost always included a mis-timed blorp as the song started before my Pause finger did, and a bit of the DJ's voice on the fadeout. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Botch said:
jomari said:

Another Smile! :) I used to stay up late on a weekend night, and listen to "Dr. Demento" and try to capture the songs I wanted, various "countdowns" too. My fades almost always included a mis-timed blorp as the song started before my Pause finger did, and a bit of the DJ's voice on the fadeout. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hahaha! i did that too! late hours are the best part! no deejays if ever, rarely would butt into the song itself.

awesome memories man.

goeey all over. :happy-smileygiantred:

I used the Marantz speed control to record material in fast.
then play back in slow and record on reel to reel for fade in and fade out.
Then put it back to gether and playback at full speed.

Then take full speed and bring back down to cassette normal.

I did the music edits for Lori Illy #2 in Rytmic gymnastics in the late 80's

Back