• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Cheapest Bang for Buck drop down (or whatever) projector screen.

The DirtMerchant

Famous
So, I found an HD projector that had been stored away and unused for several years that a family member had handed over to me.
With our recent (ok 1 year) move, a lot of things have resurfaced. The projector works well. Currently trying it out on the wall of my basement
that is painted off-white. Looks great! But, that's off to the side of the main HT area. Currently I have a 60" plasma on a table top in the perfect spot.
There is some possibility that I put the projector off to one side of the plasma, or mount a drop down screen right in front of the plasma.

What is the best (for the money) screen I could/should get? I don't want to paint the screen onto the wall. Its possible and maybe even better if I get
one of those old style screens that have their own tripod/stand and I bring it out when we want to use the projector and basically place it wherever I want,
or, like I said mount it to the drop ceiling right in front of the plasma and pull it down when I want it.

I THINK, logistically, I'd prefer the movable screen on a stand...but if that's too expensive, I'll opt out.

Cost is the most important thing to me. I don't know what to budget for this as I have no idea what it should cost.
I don't even know if in the future I'll ever move up to a 4K projector or anything...honestly I want the 75" TCL for this space.
The projector is absolute gravy right now and main use will be video games and occasional movie for the kids...

So, I found an HD projector that had been stored away and unused for several years that a family member had handed over to me.
With our recent (ok 1 year) move, a lot of things have resurfaced. The projector works well. Currently trying it out on the wall of my basement
that is painted off-white. Looks great! But, that's off to the side of the main HT area. Currently I have a 60" plasma on a table top in the perfect spot.
There is some possibility that I put the projector off to one side of the plasma, or mount a drop down screen right in front of the plasma.

What is the best (for the money) screen I could/should get? I don't want to paint the screen onto the wall. Its possible and maybe even better if I get
one of those old style screens that have their own tripod/stand and I bring it out when we want to use the projector and basically place it wherever I want,
or, like I said mount it to the drop ceiling right in front of the plasma and pull it down when I want it.

I THINK, logistically, I'd prefer the movable screen on a stand...but if that's too expensive, I'll opt out.

Cost is the most important thing to me. I don't know what to budget for this as I have no idea what it should cost.
I don't even know if in the future I'll ever move up to a 4K projector or anything...honestly I want the 75" TCL for this space.
The projector is absolute gravy right now and main use will be video games and occasional movie for the kids...

I use Elite Screens available on Amazon. I have a fixed screen at home and have purchased and installed about a dozen at work.

I, too, use an Elite screen. Mine is a 106" manual pull down and has worked well for many years. They are $140 -$150 from Best Buy, Amazon and Office Depot.

i have a 92 i think, and was in a way, the pinnacle to my home theater build back back then.

quite frankly dirt, if cost is a factor, ive purchase a many projector screens on amazon for almost 25 bucks or so. one im using mainly for gaming. the other two? 100 incher STILL in their boxes. they look like tarps,

I bought one of the Elite 16x10... Question, does it...uh... Let audio pass through clean? Or do I need to move my speakers or from behind the screen?

Back