• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Christmas Music

It has 25 reviews and 25 of those are 5 Star reviews. I know we can't always go by amazons reviews, but in this case I would have to agree.

2 of the albums are better than the other two, but all are worth owning, IMHO.

You have to decide if you like their music, but I always consider it Very Good Christmas music that will entertain everyone from Kids to Grandparents.

Here are the two I would pick, if I didn't want to buy the set.....

41T6TKVSFPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41GD7SMT3EL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Those two alone are $20, so for $7 more dollars, you'd get two more albums. Not a bad deal.

Dennie

mzpro5 wrote:
"I know people that seem to go ga-ga over this stuff. is it really any good?"

I own about 3 Steamroller Christmas CDs, and am ga-ga over each of them. . . . . good stuff, mz

That's the only xmas music I can stand anymore (well, plus the John Denver/Muppets album). Mannheim also have a DVD concert out, but it's not their Christmas show (which I've seen live a couple times, also recommended).

Botch said:
That's the only xmas music I can stand anymore (well, plus the John Denver/Muppets album). Mannheim also have a DVD concert out, but it's not their Christmas show (which I've seen live a couple times, also recommended).

It is a favorite of mine also. :handgestures-thumbup:

A Christmas Together....

JohnDenverandTheMuppets.jpg

Dennie

RUN RUN REINDEEER!!!!
:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Mz,

One word for you...."grooveshark"

I go there and listen to a complete album before committing to buying. A lot better than the 30 sec clips Amazon offers you for demoing material.

Ooh, trivia question: Chip Davis, the founder and leader of Mannheim Steamroller, also had a #1 hit in the '70s under a different name. Can you name the song/artist?

I cannot stand listening to Manheim Steamroller - too cheesy for me. But, I know people love it, so more power to them.

My current favorite Christmas music (aside from traditional hymns sung by professional choirs and choral ensembles) is the great CD set from Sufjan Stevens. That stuff is amazing to me.

Back