1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Folks, I'm playing with the behavior of the titles and banners; you may want to read the relevant thread in the Forum Suggestions area.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

christmas toys!

Discussion in 'General Audio Discussions' started by malsackj, Dec 24, 2010.

1. malsackj

malsackj Well-Known Member

I have my mics from Flint (horray),

I also have a set of mics for the rest of a drum kit.

4 MB 5k snare/tom microphones

1 MB 6k kick microphone

From Audio-Technica:

Tailored for snare, rack toms and other highly dynamic instruments, the MB5K snare/tom microphone offers a moving coil dynamic design with cardioid polar pattern, delivering superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback. With a frequency response of 100-12,000 Hz, the mic is engineered to handle fast transients and high SPLs.

MBDK5 Features

· Custom-engineered for use on snare and toms

· Road ready all metal construction

· Low profile percussion style design

· Built in adjustable stand mount

· Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source

The cardioid dynamic MB6K kick microphone has a frequency response of 60-12,000 Hz. A natural at handling high SPLs, the MB6K delivers superior results on bass drum as well as on floor and deep rack toms.

The MB6K is also in the MB/Dk5 and MB/Dk7 Drum Packs.

MB6K Features

· Custom-engineered for use on kick drum

· Rugged all-metal construction

· Low-profile design for easy placement

· Built-in adjustable stand mount

· Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source

The MB 6 will be on the floor tom and I plan to use my shure PG52 in the kick, and One AT 2021 pencil that I will look at the hight hat.

I have the two B-5 mics from Flint and another pair for a total of four B-5's,
    Two AT 2020, Two Teac ME-120. plus several other lesser toys.

I will be ready to rock and roll, record and have some fun this season.

Pauly I am looking forward to an outside party with the band one day.

I talked to Flint today and we talked a short time. I think we will have to visit and try a few things on the testing side outside one day.