• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Classic Klipsch Heritage speakers...

Flint

Prodigal Son
Superstar
I recently visited NM and spent some time with my Uncle who owns some amazing gear in his cluttered house. Along with some huge Martin Logan speakers from the 1980s and several sets of the classic Pioneer, Walsh, and EPI AMT speakers from 1970s his main speaker are a bunch of Klipsch all-horn systems.

He has a pair of well tuned Klipschorns in the corners of his main room as well as a pair of La Scalas with extra bass bins. He is getting deaf, so he put some Piezo arrays on the system (made my ears bleed).

He joked with me that no one in the family, my uncles, cousins, or even his daughters care at all about any of this stuff, so he was thinking I was the only person he could give it all to when he finally goes deaf. I told him I would only come pick it up long after he is gone which will be after I, too, am deaf.

Anyway, here's a photo:

Attachments

• 20130811_155350_SMALL.jpg
    20130811_155350_SMALL.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 665
Flint said:
...he put some Piezo arrays on the system (made my ears bleed).
That black box of 4 drivers? Good God! I bet dogs in Arizona can hear his system! :scared-eek:

Am I the only one thinking "cause and effect" w.r.t. his deafness?!

Jeff

Nice stuff there. You know I'm a horn and electrostat guy. Your Uncle and I would get along great.

My uncle's deafness is more caused by his enjoyment of very silly high power weapons (.50 cal rifles, Tommy Guns, etc.) than from the loudspeakers. Although, he never really liked his Martin Logan ES speakers because they could not play as loud as he really wanted them to. He even blew the woofers and one time the transformer on his Martin Logans from driving them way too hard.

wow that is amazing. that is what I dream of. discovering an uncle with such cool gear and deciding im the only one left to enjoy. good for you!

Flint said:
My uncle's deafness is more caused by his enjoyment of very silly high power weapons (.50 cal rifles, Tommy Guns, etc.) than from the loudspeakers. Although, he never really liked his Martin Logan ES speakers because they could not play as loud as he really wanted them to. He even blew the woofers and one time the transformer on his Martin Logans from driving them way too hard.

And why is that silly? My boss has a Barret 50 cal. sniper rifle. I got to shoot it at his gun club once and I was like a kid in a candy store. Thing kicked like a mule all the venting in the world and that thing still bruised my shoulder. I would love to shoot a Tommy Gun. I wear ear protection ant the range sounds like he should too.

I have tinnitus that just started the last few months sound like a constant cicadas singing in the summer. Mine is from working around heavy machinery all my life. Hope he doesn't lose it totally that would be a hard hard thing I think.

Flint said:

Reach out and touch someone.

Rope

Rope said:
Flint said:

Reach out and touch someone.

Rope

Ok lets try my toys.

Attachments

• My guns.jpg
    My guns.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 490
Back