• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Clean Power/Rottweilers/ & A Certain FB High End Audio Group Member

YUP, what the guy from Wisconsin said!!!

Turns out the guy I made mad and his comrade are manufacturers of $15,000 power cables. They are made from pure silver wire and he claims it takes 7 engineers and 3 days to assemble one cable for sale. He turned into an ass hat to everyone who dared question his extremely over the top claims. When his logic failed, he started attacking personally. Anyone who questioned him clearly has never heard a good system and obviously doesn't own good enough equipment. His doubters must be haters who know nothing and probably don't even own a hifi rig.

Turns out the guy I made mad and his comrade are manufacturers of $15,000 power cables. They are made from pure silver wire and he claims it takes 7 engineers and 3 days to assemble one cable for sale. He turned into an ass hat to everyone who dared question his extremely over the top claims. When his logic failed, he started attacking personally. Anyone who questioned him clearly has never heard a good system and obviously doesn't own good enough equipment. His doubters must be haters who know nothing and probably don't even own a hifi rig.
Wow. Sounds like that guy needs to be blocked. Clearly in it to sell his crap.

Okay... I spent some time on the website for the insane super costly power cable company that dude was making insane claims about. It turns out that they aggressively promote their power conditioner products (look to be over-engineered basic LCR filters, similar to TrippLite Isobar, but with audiophile parts) with their cables. So, suggesting that once the AC is well cleaned and more "pure" a good cable could make a difference is, at least in my book, plausible.

I still don't think a 10 foot power cable that costs more than $75 is ever justifiable, but at least they are isolating the power from the hundreds of feet of in-wall Romex and the power company's lines. I give them credit for that one little thing. So, the idiocy is slightly lessoned.

I have a dog who barks at a wall. It's either a poltergeist or my dog has a few neurons not firing correctly. Be careful of your response Flint hate to see you banned. :mocking:

Back