• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Cowboy music...

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
So, recently been listening to my favorite cd...

Roundup by Erich Kunzel

c5033657j81.jpg

and also Happy trails...

6b2c6ac49ac672fb4d40609e9114c143.jpg

Trying to find some 'cowboy' tunes...

rose of alabama,
yellow rose of texas,
Happy trails,
Dixieland...

That kinda stuff.

Any suggestions?

CMonster said:
jomari said:
Any suggestions?

A psychiatrist???

:teasing-neener:
:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Didn't know if you meant classical versions, or the real stuff, like Riders in the Sky:

riders_in_the_sky.jpg

i guess the classic stuff...

Ti Yi Yippee Yippee Ay
Shenandoah
Home on the Range,

classic campfire kinda stuff.

I get the joke, dont worry. :handgestures-thumbup:

If you're going that route, then any of the stuff you hear in your typical spaghetti western should be included. Ennio Morricone would be a good start if you want the actual music from Eastwood's Man With No Name trilogy (The Good, Bad, Ugly, etc.).

This album by Hugo Montenegro is a good one too, though a bit more tame compared to the original music by Morricone.

51Lcr%2BUz9IL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Even though I now prefer the original score by Morricone, I have a lot of memories with this album and it gets played often. I still have the original vinyl I listened to when I was a kid, even though it's been beat to hell and back.

Yesfan70 said:
If you're going that route, then any of the stuff you hear in your typical spaghetti western should be included. Ennio Morricone would be a good start if you want the actual music from Eastwood's Man With No Name trilogy (The Good, Bad, Ugly, etc.).

This album by Hugo Montenegro is a good one too, though a bit more tame compared to the original music by Morricone.

I have this too. :handgestures-thumbup:

Botch said:
Yesfan70 said:

I have this too. :handgestures-thumbup:

I've thought about getting one of those frames for albums and hang it on the wall. I have a lot of sentimental value with that record.

Let's not forget this guy! He can also come in handy in case the Martians attack!

Attachments

• 41BMG1R3P5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    41BMG1R3P5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 255
thanks guys for the input!

i was actually thinking of getting most of the songs via amazon, using their mp3 services, instead of albums.

i cant seem to find one that has both rose of alabama and yellow rose of texas on the same album (which begs the question - is there relevance between both)...

anyhoo, i will look into the other albums mentioned here...

thank you thank you thank you! keep it up!

The type of cowboys I listen to are known as "The Cowboys from Hell" or PANTERA. They released an album after Dimebags death, that was a side project as the group Rebel meets Rebel. It's country meets metal. Def not for everyone.

Back