• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

crest audio

Alien

Does anybody have any experience with Crest Audio amps? They're high power on the cheap, is there a big catch? I'm not really keen on how to completely interpret the data on them (I know little to nothing about amps) except for any S/N ratio which I didn't see listed.

Crest is mainly for PA systems where high power is needed, but the finesse of a home audio system is not necessary.

Zing said:
soundhound said:
You Get What You Pay For
I believe you've mentioned that a time or two. Are you trying to tell us something? :eusa-whistle:

I'm trying to say:
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!!!

I know from experience what manufacturers do to save a dime. You will NEVER get something for nothing.

So the NAD T747 60W/Channel at $1300 is far superior than the Onkyo TX NR708 100W/Channel at $650????

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heeman said:
So the NAD T747 60W/Channel at $1300 is far superior than the Onkyo TX NR708 100W/Channel at $650????

Maybe, maybe not. There's also the law of diminishing returns & marketing hype to consider.

What you really need to sort thru it all is one of my patented BS detectors! (available for a nominal fee, of course)

There is an awful lot to think about and difficult decisions to make in this hobby (and most others).

Trying to get the best equipment for the application and price range is challenging and part of the fun.

Having a forum like this to participate in and ask for advice is great, but sometime the "Koolaid" can get the better of us!

heeman said:

If your sole consideration is how many watts, then of course not. However that NAD might have less grating distortion (it would sound better), have less noise, and have more reliable components etc.

Also, The cheaper Onkyo might not be able to meet its "100" watts under most conditions because it might have a cheap power supply.

Zing said:
DIYer said:
Including those amps with 1/2" thick CNC-ed aluminum faceplate?
AHEM! I have three of those. :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

Of course there are exceptions that anybody could cite. What I'm referring to is the purely electronic build, parts quality, etc, not such non-electronic things as faceplates, chassis type, "designer" aesthetics etc.

Now shut up before I rip your fucking head off and piss down the hole..... :angry-cussingblack:

According to the folklore, your piss is supposedly a good thing so I don't see how this is a threat of any kind.

Zing said:
According to the folklore, your piss is supposedly a good thing so I don't see how this is a threat of any kind.

I thought about that after the fact. I'd be wasting valuable piss. For all I know, you'd grow another head with the power of my piss.

No, I'd VOMMIT down the hole after I ripped your head off. :banana-rock:

I don't even know why you want to rip my head off to begin with. DIYer dis'd my amps, I called him out and suddenly I'm your nemesis. WTF Soundpup?

Zing, I don't think your amps have 1/2" thick faceplate. I think those are 1/4" thick but bent in such way that it appears to be 1/2" thus making it look more expensive. :eek:bscene-buttred:

Back